Being friendly and sociable is among the positive traits of Filipinos. We simply love spending time and getting to know people. For example, do you still remember your younger years, when you and your friends would pass around and answer a book containing lots of interesting questions? Yes, we’re talking about the slam book!
What’s your favorite color? Define “love.” Who’s your secret crush? These are just some of the slam book questions that made us “kilig” back then. But slam books are not just for kids and teens! Even today, adults and the “young at heart” still love answering questions, whether in printed books or online. And so, in this article, we have decided to compile some of the best slam book questions for you to answer!
What is a Slam Book?
A slam book is a notebook that is passed around among classmates or friends, usually in school. Each person is given a page and writes their name on it. Then, the other participants write comments, opinions, or observations about that person on their respective pages. Slam books can contain questions about personal interests, likes and dislikes, experiences, and other personal information. Slam books are famous among teenagers and were popularized in the 80s and 90s, but their variations continued to be in use in certain places.
101 Top Slam Book Questions for Friends and Adults
Here’s how a slam book works: a person answers a set of questions, then passes it on to the next person, and so on. Of course, along the way, everyone gets to read everybody else’s answers… That’s what makes slam books so exciting!
Below is a set of questions that you should definitely include in your slam book. You can copy and paste these questions, print them on paper, or share them online for your friends to answer. Some of these questions are funny, while some are quite serious. Some questions are trivial, while others can really make you think hard about life!
But most importantly… answering all of these question are so much fun!
A. Basic Information
Let’s start with the basics. These are not really “questions” but more like details that are usually written in “fill in the blanks” format. These include personal information such as name, age, gender, birthday, occupation, etc.
- Full Name:
- Hair Color:
- Eye Color:
- Current Location:
- Course/School: (for students)
- Job/Workplace: (for adults)
- Languages Spoken:
- Motto in Life:
B. Hobbies and Favorites
Everybody loves talking about their favorites! From favorite colors to hobbies to books and movies, the following questions are often featured in slam books:
1. What is your favorite color combination?
2. What type(s) of food do you like?
3. What is your favorite drink?
4. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
5. What is your favorite sport?
6. What are your hobbies or pastimes?
7. Who is your favorite cartoon character?
8. Do you have any collections? (e.g. stamps, stickers, etc.)
9. What is your favorite childhood memory?
10. What is your favorite clothing brand?
11. What is your favorite cologne or perfume?
12. Who is your favorite band/musician?
13. Who is your favorite actor or actress?
14. What is your favorite style of dance?
15. What is your favorite expression?
16. Do you have pets? If no, what animal would you like for a pet?
17. What is your favorite place that you have visited?
18. What are six things that you are passionate about?
19. Name two teachers that you’ll never forget.
20. Name four books or movies that changed your life.
B. Relationship Questions
Ah… love. This is perhaps the most anticipated part of any slam book. This is where you get to answer questions about crushes, dates, and all that mushy stuff. Of course, this part may also include questions about friendships and relationships in general.
21. Who are your best friends?
22. What traits do you look for in a friend?
23. Describe yourself in three words.
24. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
25. Who is your crush?
26. What is your relationship status? (e.g. single, in a relationship, etc.)
27. What kind of lover are you? (e.g. hopeless romantic, heartbreaker, etc.)
28. What is the number one thing you look for in a partner?
29. Have you ever broken up with someone?
30. How many relationships have you had?
31. How would you describe the perfect date?
32. What is the most romantic place you’ve ever visited?
33. Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
34. You’re stranded on an island. Who would you choose to be alone with?
C. “Right Now” Questions
As the term says, these are questions about things that a person is currently doing, or has just finished doing. The great thing about these questions is that you don’t really have to think hard… You just need to say what’s on your mind… right now!
35. Where were you yesterday?
36. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
37. Where do you want to be right now?
38. What’s the weather like in your place now?
39. What was the last show you watched on TV?
40. What song(s) is/are on your playlist now?
41. What was the last movie you saw?
42. Who was the last person you texted?
43. What does your last text message say?
44. What was the last thing you bought?
45. What is the bravest thing you’ve done this week?
46. What are you most excited about right now?
D. Dreams and Wishes
Everybody has dreams and aspirations, including “real” and “fantasy” ones. This part of the slam book features questions about people’s wishes, plans, hopes, and ambitions.
47. What did you want to be when you grow up?
48. If you could visit any city in the world, where would it be? Why?
49. What goals do you currently have in your career or education?
50. Describe your dream house.
51. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
52. What is the one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
53. If you could be a superhero for a day, who would it be? Why?
54. Is there a fictional character you wish existed in real life? Who?
55. What superpower would you like to have? (e.g. invisibility, telekinesis)
56. If you were an author, what would be the title of your first book?
57. What advice would you give to your 15-year-old self?
58. What’s your biggest “what if” in life?
59. If you could meet one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
60. Where do you want to be in 10 years?
61. List 5 things in your “before I die” bucket list.
E. “Have You Ever” Questions?
Asking questions that begin with “have you ever” is usually the best way to learn about people’s past experiences… including “kilig” moments as well as memories that they’d rather forget!
62. Have you ever skipped school without permission?
63. Have you ever lied to a friend? About what?
64. Have you ever been on TV?
65. Have you ever stolen anything? Do share!
66. Have you ever lost your wallet? What did you do?
67. Have you ever fought somebody at school?
68. Have you ever fantasized about a friend’s girlfriend/boyfriend?
69. Have you ever had a poem or song written about you?
70. Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
71. Have you ever attempted a world record?
72. Have you ever had a rumor spread about you? What about?
73. Have you ever given a love letter to someone?
F. “Would You Rather” Questions
“Would you rather” questions are all about making choices. These questions compel people to choose… and their answers can reveal quite a lot about their personalities!
74. Would you rather have cupcakes or cookies?
75. Would you rather get up early or stay up late?
76. Would you rather swim at the beach or swimming pool?
77. Would you rather work in a group or work alone?
78. Would you rather have a cat or a dog for a pet?
79. Would you rather have more time or more money?
80. Would you rather be Superman or Spiderman?
81. Would you rather be able to fly or breathe underwater?
82. Would you rather make a phone call or send a text?
83. Would you rather lose your vision or your hearing?
84. Would you rather live in Antarctica or the Sahara Dessert?
85. Would you rather have a rewind button or a pause button on your life?
G. Random Questions
This part of the slam book serves as a “catch all” category for basically any kind of question you can think of! These include questions about trivial matters, hypothetical situations, personal experiences, and many other topics.
86. Do you smoke? Or drink?
87. What is your “lucky” number?
88. What is your biggest fear?
89. Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
90. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
91. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
92. Talk about your most embarrassing moment.
93. What weird food combinations do you enjoy?
94. Do you think aliens exist? Why or why not?
95. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done on a dare?
96. Do you prefer to be behind the camera or in front of it?
97. What is the biggest purchase that you have ever made?
98. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
99. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your “attractiveness”?
100. If you win the lottery, how would you spend the money?
101. If the world was going to end tomorrow, what will you do today?
Some Final Thoughts
No matter how young — or how old — you are, answering a slam book is always an enjoyable experience. Not only does it allow you to share your thoughts and opinions, but also compels you to think and reflect about life. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead, answer the above slam book questions, and don’t forget to share them with your friends!
Speaking of personal experiences, have you ever written a “lakbay sanaysay”? No? Check out this article so you can learn all about how to write a lakbay sanaysay or travel essay.