There’s no reason for you to escape the trending Netflix show Wednesday, you probably have seen the viral dance on TikTok, heard how good the show was from your friends, or just overall seeing memes about it on your social media feed. Wednesday is dominating the online sphere for a good reason. The modern adaptation of the Addams family series has returned since the 90s and is back to make people laugh or intrigue!
There’s no doubt that Wednesday Addams is an interesting main character that will make you channel your inner goth, style-wise or personality-wise. Here are the top 12 reasons why you should binge-watch on Wednesday in case you’re allowing social media to suck your soul and give you meaningless validation. So grab your cup of tea and follow the unraveling of this murder mystery!
- 1.Tim Burton directed the series
- 2. The story and script are top tiers
- 3. Wednesday’s location is set in Romania
- 4. Wednesday explores an exciting murder investigation
- 5. The soundtracks are awesome
- 6. Wednesday Addams is played by Jenna Ortega, the first Latina actress to perform the role
- 7. Those who have read the comics will recognize their inspiration for the show
- 8. The Addams Family is explored in the world outside 21 Chester Place
- 9. Introduction of Nevermore Academy
- 10. Having previously played Wednesday Addams before, Christina Ricci is back
- 11. The Addams Family hasn’t been on screen since 1991
- 12. The portrayals of Morticia and Gomez Addams by Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzman are phenomenal
1.Tim Burton directed the series
Who doesn’t know Tim Burton’s masterpieces, from the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Johnny Depp remake to the Corpse Bride? You can expect nothing but kookiness and the best from the director. If you’re anything weird yet hauntingly good, then Tim Burton will surely deliver, Wednesday is one of his recent works that captivated the hearts and minds of fans of the Addams family but this time, focusing on the adventures of one of the members of the beloved comics.
2. The story and script are top tiers
If you love sarcasm and dark humor together, then watching Wednesday Addams may be your cup of tea. The no-nonsense attitude of Wednesday Addams and the compelling characters in the show will draw you in that you’ll find it hard to stop watching. Take advice from Wednesday by not letting social media suck your soul and get lost in a good mystery show.
You’ll find yourself rooting for our main character, Wednesday, as she goes on her rebellious ways and satisfies her curiosity for any macabre. Wednesday has a bunch of iconic one-liners that will make you say its chef kiss, and even copywriters or artists can appreciate it. You’ll also love the show since it tackles history and literature, especially for those who are fans of Edgar Allan Poe.
3. Wednesday’s location is set in Romania
Wednesday production took place in Romania between September 2021 and March 2022. Cantacuzino Castle is a century old and sits amidst the forested hills and valleys of Romania’s Bucegi Mountains. This is awesome because Romania is home to many other stunning buildings. The castle serves as a stand-in for Nevermore Academy in the show.
4. Wednesday explores an exciting murder investigation
This show is perfect for anyone craving a detective series with a dash of sarcasm and dark humor, like Sherlock Holmes. Curious as to what genre Wednesday’s show falls under. It’s a murder mystery series, naturally, and it gets progressively gloomier as it progresses.
5. The soundtracks are awesome
Yes, the soundtracks are so good it hurts that you will no doubt be addicted from La Llorona by Chavela Vargas to Physical by Dua Lipa, and not to mention that viral dance by Wednesday by Goo Goo Muck – The Cramps but got viral on TikTok for Lady Gaga’s song Bloody Mary instead, but nevertheless it is still Wednesday approved!
6. Wednesday Addams is played by Jenna Ortega, the first Latina actress to perform the role
I can almost guarantee that you have a major crush on that Latina actress. Aside from her father, Gomez Addams, Jenna Ortega is the first Wednesday Addams to have a Latino heritage. This is the first time it has been presented realistically on television. She was nominated for her first Golden Globe for her role as Wednesday Addams in the Netflix series of the same name, and for good reason: she is both spooky and goofy. For playing Wednesday, she gained an additional 10 million Instagram followers and swiftly rose to become one of the most followed celebs in the world.
7. Those who have read the comics will recognize their inspiration for the show
Wednesday will bring back memories for die-hard Addams Family fans since, unlike the popular 90s remake, this new series is designed to look like the original series and includes a few references to the comic book.
8. The Addams Family is explored in the world outside 21 Chester Place
The Addams Family’s home at 21 Chester Place has been the primary setting for most works about the family. The current season, however, focuses more on Wednesday’s day-to-day existence and experiences and less on the events that occur outside of the manor.
9. Introduction of Nevermore Academy
Nevermore Academy is a school for misfits, freaks, and monsters, and in the first episode, fans will get to learn more about this unique institution. If you thought The Addams Family was strange before, you might want to reevaluate your opinion. Students from various supernatural and nonhuman backgrounds, including psychics, werewolves, gorgons, vampires, shapeshifters, and Hydes, attend Nevermore Academy.
10. Having previously played Wednesday Addams before, Christina Ricci is back
If you’re a fan of the 90s remake of The Addams Family, you know that Christina Ricci portrays Wednesday. However, Christine returns for the new season, this time as Marilyn Thornhill, a normies instructor.
11. The Addams Family hasn’t been on screen since 1991
Those who haven’t seen the show can learn about the Addams family with this Tim Burton, modern adaptation. It’s hard to believe, but it’s been 31 years since we last saw the Addams Family. As a result, we are looking forward to the new season with fresh fervor, as it has been a long time coming.
12. The portrayals of Morticia and Gomez Addams by Catherine Zeta-Jones and Luis Guzman are phenomenal
Were you a fan of the ’90s show? Do you remember the smooth Gomez and the ultra-loving Morticia Addams? It seems that such adaptations did a disservice to the 1930s comic on which they were based. Critics have said that Wednesday’s casting is spot-on with how the character was depicted in the comics and you have to watch the show to see that! You’ll definitely love Mr. and Mrs. Addams in this series!