Pinoy-style Spaghetti is a popular Filipino dish that is made with ground beef and tomato sauce. The dish is typically served as a main course, but can also be enjoyed as a side dish or snack. Every Holiday season Spaghetti is one of the favourite foods amongst Filipinos, especially for kids who would look for this dish. As I was raised in our Filipino-based family, culinary art has been a staple of my life since childhood. Ever since I was able to put my culinary skills into practice, this incredible dish has become an irreplaceable staple in our household.
This dish is a tantalizing combination of sweet and savory, packed with flavorful tomato sauce that will take your taste buds on a delightful journey to flavor heaven. Catering is incredibly cost-efficient, allowing you to feed large groups of people with ease, without breaking the bank. Not only is this dish ideal for leftover ingredients, but it can also be prepared in advance and quickly reheated for an effortless meal.
Filipino Spaghetti has become an iconic dish, renowned for its hunger-satiating flavour and unmistakable flair. As such, it has emerged as the single most sought-after pasta entrée around! The taste is so unique and delicious, it will surely leave your guests begging for more.
- I Kilo Spaghetti noodles
- 1 Kilo ground pork
- 1 can Condensed milk
- 1 Kilo hotdogs or beef franks
- 1-2 Liters of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
Steps in Cooking Filipino Spaghetti
- In a hot skillet, heat oil and cook garlic and onion until golden. Add ground pork to the mixture and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and catsup until everything is fully incorporated
- Start by adding the hotdogs and half of the cheese to your pot. Then, pour in just enough water so that everything is covered. Finally, let it simmer for 10 minutes until all ingredients are cooked through.
- For added flavour, season the dish with MAGGI Magic Sarap and brown sugar. Then pour in NESTLE Carnation Evaporated Milk for an extra creamy finish!
- Bring a pot of salted, boiling water to the stovetop and submerge your spaghetti into it. Continue cooking until al dente following the instructions on its package for optimal taste.
- Drain the spaghetti and coat it in a savory sauce. Place onto an inviting plate, then sprinkle with more cheese for added flavor. Enjoy your Filipino-style Spaghetti! You can Serve it with garlic bread and cold iced tea or soda for an enjoyable meal. Enjoy! These few steps will ensure that you have the perfect Pinoy-style spaghetti dish every single time. Now, get in the kitchen, put on your best apron, and start cooking up this delicious dish
- For this spaghetti recipe, we suggest using store-bought Filipino Spaghetti Sauce. If it isn’t accessible in your area, simply use a regular tomato sauce and add some sugar for sweetness. Depending on your desired sweetness, the quantity of sugar can be adjusted. Although banana ketchup is an optional ingredient, it could add a unique flavor to enhance the dish.
- Ground pork and beef meat play a big role in making the sauce taste meatier. You can also use potted meat as an alternative to it.
- Whether you prefer Cheddar, Quickmelt cheese, Queso de bola or Edam cheese – any type of grated cheese can be suitably used. The most popular choice is probably Cheddar while other people might opt for one of the aforementioned options. So don’t hesitate to experiment with different types and see which one works best for your recipe!
- For optimal outcomes, be sure to follow the directions outlined in the package when preparing your noodles.
- In case you need to fulfil the appetites of more than 10 people, make sure to double up your recipe. Alternatively, you can also prepare this meal ahead for the upcoming week!
- To enjoy Filipino Style Spaghetti on demand, prepare your sauce and noodles separately. Cooking them ahead of time will give you the ultimate convenience – just store each in separate containers for optimal longevity!
- To make your dish even sweeter, just add a few tablespoons of either brown sugar or granulated sugar. If you prefer something creamy, condensed milk makes for an excellent addition as well!
With these tips, you’ll be able to whip up a delicious plate of Filipino spaghetti for your family or guests. Not only it is easy to make, but also can be made ahead of time and easily reheated.
Since you can add more pasta if you want rather than creating a new batch of Filipino Spaghetti sauce. Therefore, it is important to make sure that the sauce has a balance of sweet and savory flavours. You can easily adjust the taste by adding more or less condensed milk, catsup and beef broth depending on your preference.
Tips on How to Preserve Your Filipino Spaghetti Sauce
If you wish to store the sauce for later use, it is not recommended to keep it in the fridge. Instead, pour your sauce into a clean container or jar and freeze it. It can last up to 3 months stored this way! This will ensure that all of its flavors remain intact and will make reheating much easier.
When ready to serve, simply thaw the sauce by leaving it in the refrigerator overnight or heat it on the stove. Add a bit of water and stir continuously until you achieve your desired consistency.
Finally, toss your spaghetti noodles into the sauce and let them simmer for a few minutes. Once cooked, top with grated preferred cheese and serve hot! You will indeed Enjoy the amazing flavors of Filipino Spaghetti
This dish is truly a classic Filipino meal that will make your guests come back for more. Remember, the key to making an unforgettable Filipino Spaghetti is all in the sauce. Be sure to adjust the measurements and ingredients according to your liking!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Filipino Spaghetti really a Filipino dish?
Yes, it is! Filipino Spaghetti is one of the most popular dishes in Philippine culture. It was derived from Italian-American cuisine and tweaked to suit the Filipino palate.
2. What kind of noodles should I use for this spaghetti recipe?
Any type of spaghetti noodles can be used for this dish. If you’re looking for a more traditional experience, we recommend using thick-cut egg noodles or macaroni pasta!
3. How long does Filipino Spaghetti last?
If stored in an airtight container, it will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. For optimal storage, you can also freeze it for up to 3 months!
4. How do I reheat Filipino Spaghetti?
To reheat the spaghetti, simply place it in a medium-sized pot over low heat and stir continuously until desired temperature is reached. You can also microwave your leftovers for 2-3 minutes. Don’t forget to stir the noodles in between intervals!
5. What can I serve with Filipino Spaghetti?
This dish is usually served with a side of steamed vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, and peas. It also pairs well with garlic bread or a fresh salad. Enjoy!
6. Can I make this dish vegetarian?
Absolutely! Just omit the beef and use vegetable broth instead. You can also add in some mushrooms or other vegetables for extra flavor. Enjoy your Filipino-style vegetarian spaghetti!
In conclusion, Filipino spaghetti is a classic dish that can be enjoyed by all. It’s easy to make and can even be prepared ahead of time for convenience. With the right ingredients and measurements, you’ll be able to create an amazing plate of Filipino Spaghetti with sweet and savory flavors that everyone will enjoy. You can also store it in your freezer or refrigerator for up to 3 months if needed!
Don’t forget to experiment with different vegetables as well – this way, you can easily customize the dish according to your taste preferences and dietary needs. Remember these tips when making your next batch of delicious Filipino Spaghetti!