If your sights are set on working overseas, perhaps, even after years of working in the Philippines, but you still can’t get that much-needed boost in terms of your finances or career growth, then there are a few things that you need to know about looking for jobs overseas.
First and foremost, you need to look for credible jobs through a credible website, which is organized by the Philippine government under the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
How to Check for Overseas Job Postings via POEA Website
The important thing here is to look for “credible” jobs – which, if you’re personally going to do, is quite hard because you have to check for permits, licenses, and certifications. But you can save some time and spare yourself the hassle of doing all these if you go straight to the POEA office or website as it is the official agency, which lists and tracks job orders, and verifies recruitment offices that provide them with these job orders overseas.
It’s a great thing that the POEA has already developed a system online for jobseekers, which enables them to check jobs which they are qualified and wish to apply for overseas. But in order for us to do that, let us go through the basic steps on how to check for jobs via the POEA website:
- Visit the POEA website and read the contents of the page. Scroll down the page and look for the link that says ‘Verification of Agency’s Job Orders’. Click the link and it will show a page that will help you filter your search by country, by agency, and by position.
- If you filtered your search by position, you need to type in the job that you’re looking for in the text box in the middle of the page and then click SUBMIT.
- Select a job order at the top of the list, and those that were not posted six months ago and beyond (to ensure that the job order is still active).
- List down the names of the agencies or companies you wish to apply for and type in these names in the Status of Recruitment Agencies This will give you information on the status of the agencies and provide complete information about the company.
A Few Reminders:
- Before selecting a company to apply at, be sure to check its website for you to know whether or not they are legitimate recruiters.
- Aside from the physical address and contact details of the company you’re targeting to work for, be sure to also note the nature of the company’s business, professional experience, and employment processes.
- Look for a trust seal on the company’s website to verify the legitimacy of the company. The seal is a proof that the POEA has verified this business in terms of business identity and security.
Do not fall victim to job scams online by following the steps and tips provided above. And most importantly, apply only through the POEA website to ensure that you won’t be a victim of scams.
ALSO READ: Lawmaker Calls for Policy Change on OFW Deployment