Filipina Nabbed at NAIA Terminal 1 Upon LA Arrival Over 2002 Kidnapping, Estafa Warrants

Philippines – A 48-year-old Filipina walked into handcuffs the moment she landed back home. Authorities arrested her at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 1 on August 15, 2026, right after she stepped off a flight from Los Angeles. Two standing warrants from Cebu City courts — both with no bail recommended — had been waiting for her.

According to a press release from the AVSEGROUP Public Information Office (PNP Aviation Security Group), the operation was a joint effort between several units that tracked the passenger before she even reached the country.

Filipino Woman Nabbed at NAIA Terminal 1 Upon LA Arrival Over 2002 Kidnapping, Estafa Warrants

How She Was Caught

The arrest didn’t happen by chance. Investigators had a plan in place well before the plane touched down.

  • The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group–Regional Field Unit 7 (CIDG-RFU7), through its Operations and Detection Section–Regional Special Operations Team (ODS-RSOT), flagged the inbound passenger to NAIA Police Station 1 (NPS 1).
  • NPS 1 worked with the Bureau of Immigration and Airline Security to monitor and intercept her.
  • She was stopped at the Immigration Arrival Area, where a Hold Departure Order and a recorded Warrant of Arrest appeared in the system.

Once flagged, she was turned over to NPS 1 for processing.

The Charges Against Her

The woman faces two serious cases, both dating back years and both non-bailable:

  • A 2002 Warrant of Arrest for Kidnapping and Serious Illegal Detention
  • An Alias Warrant for Estafa

She could not produce an Order of Release from the issuing court. Without that document, officers had no choice but to place her under arrest on the spot.

The Arrest Process

Police followed standard procedure during the apprehension. Officers explained the offenses she was accused of and read her constitutional rights. An Alternative Recording Device documented the entire process to keep everything on record.

Afterward, she was handed over to CIDG-RFU7 for documentation and further handling of her cases.

What Officials Said

PBGEN Dionisio B. Bartolome, Jr., Director of the PNP Aviation Security Group, pointed to the arrest as proof of the agency’s ongoing efforts.

“This operation demonstrates our continuing commitment to ensuring that our airports remain secure while supporting the lawful implementation of court orders,” he said.

For Filipinos living and working abroad, the case is a clear reminder: unresolved legal matters back home don’t disappear with distance. Airports are now tightly linked to court records, and arrival gates can quickly become a point of reckoning.