Philippine Embassy in Timor Leste (East Timor)

If you are new to Timor Leste and this is your first time going to the embassy, this blog serves as your guide. The embassy is always open to OFWs in the country as well as those who are living here for good. If you want to get your passport renewed, apply for a replacement in case of lost passport, visa-related services, certificate issuance, the embassy is the right place where you can go. Aside from legal papers, you can also ask the embassy to help you in dealing with legal matters related to your employment. You can also ask for help in case of emergencies.

Also Read: 12 Reasons Why Filipinos Want to Work Abroad

The embassy is working together with POLO and OWWA. You will hear more about these two agencies as you continue working abroad. POLO has many offices around the world and most of them can be found in Asia, the Middle East, America, and Europe. There are also those that are located within the embassy itself. Both agencies have goals to protect the life and welfare of OFWs in different countries, including here in Timor Leste. Usually, POLO works on legal and emergency issues. So, if you encounter an emergency in your workplace, it’s best if you will call POLO to help you out.

You will never know when your life and limbs will be at risk. It’s better if you have the information on the embassy with you. If you don’t have relatives in Timor Leste, the embassy can serve as your emergency contact. Just make sure to save the contact number or email of the embassy so it’s easier to access during emergency situations.

In this blog, we collected all information about the embassy that you might need in the coming months or years. We have here the services it offers, the questions of most OFWs, some ideas on what to do before you go to the embassy, its opening hours, contact number, email, and map guide.

PH Embassy Dili, East Timor
PH Embassy Dili, East Timor

History – Philippine Embassy in Timor Leste

The opening of the Philippine Embassy in Timor Leste was administered in May 2004 by First Secretary Edsel P. Barba. In the same period, the first ambassador to Timor Leste was assigned. Ambassador Farita Aguilucho-Ong was the first ambassador, followed by Ambassador Leoncio R. Cardenas in February 2008.

Services Offered

If you want to know the services offered by the Embassy of Timor Leste, here’s the list:

  • Consular Outreach Program
  • Passport
    • Adult New Applicant
    • Adult Renewal Applicant
    • Minor New/Renewal Applicant
  • Travel Document
  • Authenticating Documents Made Simpler by the Apostille
  • Civil Registry
  • Solemnization of Marriage
  • Report of Marriage
  • Report of Birth
  • Report of Death and/or Consular Mortuary Certificate
  • Dual Citizenship
  • Visa
    • Non-immigrant
    • Immigrant
  • Waiver of Exclusion Ground
  • Certificate of Not the Same Person
  • Balikbayan Program
  • Schedule of Consular Services and Fees
  • Consular Service Fees and Turnaround Time
  • List of Other Services
    • Transport of Pets
    • NBI Clearance
    • Renewal of Philippine Driver’s License
    • Securing a J1-Waiver
    • PH Requirements for Medical Missions
    • Departure Formalities
    • Philippine Overseas Labor Office
    • Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate
    • OWWA Membership Program
    • Employment Contract Verification and Authentication
    • Implementation of POEA Rules on Direct Hiring

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services

What are the documents needed when you apply for your passport renewal?

If you are interested in getting your passport renewed, the embassy in Timor Leste offers it to Filipinos who are living or working in the country. All you have to do is collect the following documents during your appointment.

  • Original old or expired passport.
  • Complete passport application form.
  • Photocopy of your passport’s data page
  • Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
  • Passport processing fee

Can minors have their passports? What are the documents needed?

If you are in Timor Leste and you have minor children who want to have their own passports so they can travel to the Philippines, the following documents are needed. You also have to be with them during the application.

  • Birth certificate
  • Report of birth form
  • Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
  • Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
  • Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
  • Letter of consent with the signature of both parents

Can I get a new passport if I lost the existing one?

In case of a lost passport, you can apply for a new one with the following documents. It’s easier to apply if you have the case certificate already.

  • Police report or case certificate
  • Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate if applicable
  • A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
  • Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
  • Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
  • Annulment/divorce, if applicable.

Is dual citizenship allowed?

Generally, yes. But you have to get a certification from the embassy first before you can possess dual citizenship.

To dos when visiting the embassy

When visiting the embassy in Timor Leste, here’s what you need to do:

  • Visit the official website of the embassy in Timor Leste.

Before you go to the Philippine Embassy in Timor Leste, don’t forget to pay a visit to its official website to check the latest news, updates, announcements, and changes.

  • Dress decently and don’t forget to bring the requirements.

When going to the embassy, wear the right clothes—blouses, pants, skirts, etc. Avoid wearing shorts and sando.

Opening Hours

8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

Contact Information

Embassy of the Philippines in Dili, Timor Leste
Contact Person: H.E. (Mr.) Abdulmaid K. Muin – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Address: Rua Governor Serpa Rosa, Bairro, Farol, Dili, Timor-Leste, P.O. Box 178
Tel. Nos.: (+670) 331-0407; 331-0408
ATN Hotline No.: (+670) 7792-8092
Email: /,com
Facebook account:

Google Map Location

In case you are wondering where the Philippine Embassy in Timor Leste is located, below is a map guide for you:

Leave a Comment