The United States is one of the biggest countries where the Philippines has a relationship. Because of the location and the number of Filipinos who are in the US, an embassy along with six consulates are built in different states. The embassy is located in Washington, D.C. If you are located near Washington, you can head to the embassy to avail of the services offered by the chancery. The most popular services here are passport application, passport renewal, issuance of birth certificates, death certificates, and dual citizenship certificates, and marriage solemnization.
Also Read: USA Do’s and Dont’s
Aside from the embassies and consulates, there are also other offices abroad that can help you. POLO is the Philippine Overseas Labor Office that works under DOLE and discharges the department’s functions in other countries. POLO has over 30 branches around the world. You can find most of them in Asia, America, Europe, and the Middle East. POLO helps OFWs who are in legal and emergency situations. They provide emergency hotlines so that those whose life or limbs are in danger can get the help they need on time.
Those who are in the US should keep information about the Philippine government at all times. Whether you are in Washington or other states in the country, you should be able to get the information about the embassy or the consulate so you can use them whenever you need them. If you don’t have relatives in the country, you can use the information of the embassy or consulate as your emergency contact.
We know not everyone in the US knows where to find the embassy, which is why we came up with a blog that will serve as your guide. Here we included the services offered by the embassy, frequently asked questions, tips when visiting the embassy, and all other information about the embassy that you might use.
- History – Philippine Embassy in the United States
- PH Embassy and Consulate Offices in USA
- Services Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
- Tips When Visiting The Embassy
- Opening Hours
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
History – Philippine Embassy in the United States
The embassy is the representative of the Philippines in the United States. It represents the Philippine government so that it can do its job and continuously promote the foreign policy thrusts of the Philippines. Some of the things the embassy promote are closer and mutually beneficial ties with the US, national security, economic diplomacy, rights and welfare of OFWs, Philippine culture, and positive national image. The embassy’s location in Washington was not the first chancery of the Philippine embassy. It was moved in 1943 from Massachusetts to its current location.
PH Embassy and Consulate Offices in USA
Here’s a list of the consulates and PH embassy information in the USA:
- Philippine Embassy in Washington DC, USA
- Philippine Consulate in Chicago, USA
- Philippine Consulate in New York, USA
- Philippine Consulate in San Francisco California, USA
- Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles California, USA
- Philippine Consulate in Honolulu Hawaii, USA
- Philippine Consulate in Agana Guam USA
If you want to know the services offered by the embassy in the United States, here’s the list:
- Consular Outreach Program
- Adult New Applicant
- Adult Renewal Applicant
- Minor New/Renewal Applicant
- Travel Document
- Authenticating Documents Made Simpler by the Apostille
- Civil Registry
- Solemnization of Marriage
- Report of Marriage
- Report of Birth
- Report of Death and/or Consular Mortuary Certificate
- Dual Citizenship
- Waiver of Exclusion Ground
- Certificate of Not the Same Person
- Balikbayan Program
- Schedule of Consular Services and Fees
- Consular Service Fees and Turnaround Time
- List of Other Services
- Transport of Pets
- NBI Clearance
- Renewal of Philippine Driver’s License
- Securing a J1-Waiver
- PH Requirements for Medical Missions
- Departure Formalities
- Philippine Overseas Labor Office
- Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate
- OWWA Membership Program
- Employment Contract Verification and Authentication
- Implementation of POEA Rules on Direct Hiring
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
What are the documents I should bring during my passport renewal?
If you are going to renew your passport in the UK, the following requirements should be submitted.
- Original old or expired passport.
- Complete passport application form.
- Photocopy of your passport’s data page
- Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
- Passport processing fee
What are the documents needed when a minor wants to obtain a passport?
Minors can also obtain their passports from the embassy. However, they can’t go to the chancery alone. They need to be with their parents when they apply for this service. The following documents are required to be submitted to the embassy.
- Birth certificate
- Report of birth form
- Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
- Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
- Letter of consent with the signature of both parents
What happens if I lost my Philippine passport?
If you lost your Philippine passport, you can get a new one from the embassy. The following needs to be submitted to the embassy. Make sure that you have reported the incident to the authorities already to get a police report.
- Police report or case certificate
- Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate if applicable
- A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
- Annulment/divorce, if applicable.
Is dual citizenship allowed?
The Philippines allows dual citizenship but you have to get a certification from the embassy so it can allow you to have two citizenship.
Tips When Visiting The Embassy
When visiting the embassy in the US, here’s what you need to do:
Visit the official website of the Philippine Embassy in the US.
The official website of the Philippine Embassy in the US has all information you need to know—news, updates, announcements, changes in the process, and so on. So before you visit the embassy, make sure that you have visited the website already.
Get the documents ready.
A day or a night before your appointment, ensure to put all the documents required in your bag. You will need them to have a smooth transaction in the embassy.
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Embassy of the Philippines in USA – Washington D.C.
Contact Person: Hon. (Mr.) Jose Manuel G. Romualdez – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Address: Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20036, U.S.A.
Tel. Nos.: (+1-202) 467-9300; 467-9363
Fax No.: (+1-202)467-9417; 328-7614
Duty Officer No.: (+1-202) 368-2767
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org (Consular Section)
Website: washingtonpe.dfa.gov.ph / www.philippineembassy-usa.org
Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/PHinUSA/
Google Map Location
In case you are wondering where the Philippine Embassy in the US is located, below is a map guide for you: