Philippine Consulate in Honolulu Hawaii, USA

There are a couple of government offices in the US where you can get your documents. Passports, visas, and certificates can be issued in the consulate. The thing is, you don’t have to go to Washington and spend a lot of money to travel and avail of their services there. You can go to the consulate instead if you are near one of the consulates in the US. Some of the services you can get from the consulate in Honolulu are passport application, passport renewal, visa application, visa renewal, and issuance of certificates. You will discover more services as you read this article.

Also Read: How Safe is the USA?

The consulate in Honolulu is just one of the consulates built in the US to cater to the needs of more Filipinos. It works with agencies like POLO and OWWA to keep and protect Filipinos in the US. Whether you are working or living in the country, you can get the help you need. POLO has more than 30 branches around the world. This makes it flexible and reachable. So, whenever a Filipino feels like his/her life or limbs are in danger, he/she can always call through the emergency hotline.

Wherever you are, it helps a lot keeping the information of the Philippine consulate. Since the embassy in Washington is not practical to reach if you are in Hawaii, the consulate in Honolulu is a good alternative. Always keep the information about the consulate so that you can easily access and use it whenever you need to.

In this blog, you will know more about the consulate’s services, questions about some of the services, tips when going to the consulate, contact number, email, website, and a map location. May this serve as your guide regardless if this your first time going to the consulate in Honolulu or not.

PH Consulate Honolulu Hawaii
PH Consulate Honolulu Hawaii

History – Philippine Consulate General in Honolulu

The Philippine Consulate in Honolulu was formally opened in November 1948. It has been in Pali Haighway since that year. Before the place becomes the home of the Philippine consulate, it was the residential place of Albert Horner who was a sugar executive. He purchased the lot from a German Consul and sold it to the Philippine government in 1948. The location has 57,000 square feet of land. More than 11,000 square feet of the land was sold to the Foundation to allocate it to Pali Highway. The rest remained as the consulate’s property.

PH Embassy and Consulate Offices in USA

Here’s a list of the consulates and PH embassy information in the USA:

Services Offered

Here’s the list of services offered by the Philippine Consulate in Honolulu.

  • Issuance of Passport
  • Travel Document
  • Issuance of Visa
  • Requirements for the Retention and Re-Acquisition of Philippine Citizenship
  • Notarial and other Legal Services
  • Registration of Nationals
  • Report of Marriage, Birth and Death
  • Collection of Income Tax
  • Balikbayan Stamp
  • Philippine Embassy and Consulates General in the US
  • Philippine Honorary Consuls General and Consul in the US

Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services

What are the documents I should bring during my passport renewal?

Passport renewal can be done in the consulate. You don’t have to go to Washington just to renew your expiring passport. What you can do is bring the following documents to the consulate during your scheduled appointment.

  • Original old or expired passport.
  • Complete passport application form.
  • Photocopy of your passport’s data page
  • Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
  • Passport processing fee

What are the documents needed when a minor wants to obtain a passport?

Minors residing in the US can get their Philippine passports from the consulate. Instead of going to Washington, you can bring your child to Honolulu and assist him/her in getting his/her passport. The following are the documents required so far. If there are any changes, you can always check the official website of the consulate, which is mentioned in the last part of this blog.

  • Birth certificate
  • Report of birth form
  • Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
  • Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
  • Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
  • Letter of consent with the signature of both parents

What happens if I lost my Philippine passport?

For those who lost their Philippine passport, you should be able to report it to the police so you can get a case certificate. After getting the certificate, you should submit the following documents:

  • Police report or case certificate
  • Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate if applicable
  • A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
  • Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
  • Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
  • Annulment/divorce, if applicable.

How to apply for dual citizenship?

The application is easy. You just need to get a certification from the consulate allowing you to apply for dual citizenship.

Tips When Visiting the Consulate

When visiting the consulate in the United States, here’s what you need to do:

  • Visit the official website of the Philippine Consulate in Honolulu, US.

Before you go to the consulate, you have to visit the official website of Honolulu’s Philippine consulate first. This is where you can get ideas about whether there are changes in procedures, news, updates, and current announcements. Tune in to know more about the latest news.

  • Complete all the requirements before your appointment.

Don’t forget that the documents or requirements are essential as they will determine whether or not the consulate will issue the document you are requesting. Complete all the requirements before your appointment in the consulate.

Opening Hours

9:00 AM – 3:00 PM

Contact Information

Consulate General of the Philippines in Honolulu, Hawaii USA
Contact Person: Hon. (Mr.) Joselito A. Jimeno – Consul General
Address: 2433 Pali Highway, Honolulu, Hawaii 96817, U.S.A.
Tel. Nos.: (+1-808) 595-6316 to 19
Fax No.:   (+1-808) 595-2581
Duty Officer No.: (+1-808) 253-9446
Email: /
Website: /
Facebook account:

Google Map Location

In case you are wondering where the Philippine Consulate in Hawaii is located, below is a map guide for you:




Leave a Comment