Are you an aspiring Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) dreaming of pursuing employment opportunities in Hungary? As you embark on this exciting journey, it’s crucial to be well-prepared for the job interview process. To provide you with valuable insights and firsthand experiences, we turn to the YouTube channel of an OFW who has shared her interview encounters while working in Hungary.
In this article, we delve into the valuable tips and advice she has provided, equipping you with the knowledge and confidence to excel in your job interviews and increase your chances of securing a position in Hungary. Let’s explore the key lessons and strategies derived from her experiences, ensuring you are fully prepared for your future job interviews as an aspiring OFW in Hungary.
Disclaimer: The information posted here is based on the personal experiences shared by the OFW in the video below. Please let this post serve as a guide only. If you have specific questions, you may ask the OFW by commenting on their video on their accounts.
Top 5 Common Questions and Answers: Career Opportunities in Hungary
The information in this article is derived from the YouTube channel of OFW Gracie Asis. She shared the questions that the employer asked her during her interview. This will give you an idea of what to expect when you have your own interview or when you go to Hungary or work for the same company. If you would like to watch the full video of the YouTuber, click on the link below:
Flextronics, according to their agency, used to employ workers from Ukraine and Russia. However, due to the war in those countries, many of the workers had to return to their home countries. As a result, Flextronics faced a shortage of manpower and decided to hire workers from the Philippines. This is because Filipinos are known for their hardworking nature and dedication.
Given the large number of workers needed, you might be wondering about accommodation. The good news is that accommodation is provided free of charge. Moreover, basic utilities such as water, electricity, and Wi-Fi are also provided in the accommodation. The company also offers a food allowance to ensure that workers are well taken care of. Additionally, there is a fare allowance provided for transportation to and from work. They have shuttle buses that pick up workers from their accommodation, but it’s important to note that if you arrive late, you will need to commute on your own.
Q and A
Here are some tips you can get from the vlogger’s experience during the Hungarian job interview:
- Enter the interview room with a confident and positive attitude.
- Smile and maintain an energetic demeanor throughout the interview.
- Be yourself and avoid overthinking the interview process.
- Let the conversation flow naturally and engage in a friendly manner.
- Take the opportunity to introduce yourself effectively, showcasing your skills and experiences.
- Avoid providing one-word answers; instead, engage in interactive and engaging dialogue.
- Showcase your personality and unique qualities to capture the interviewer’s interest.
- Leave a lasting impression by demonstrating enthusiasm for the job opportunity.
- Highlight your qualifications and skills that make you a strong candidate.
- Maintain professionalism while fostering a comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
Remember, these tips can help you prepare for a job interview and make a positive impression on potential employers. Good luck!
During the job interview with the employer, each candidate enters the room individually. The setup consists of the interviewee, the employer on a laptop screen via Zoom, and no other person present. As the interview began, the interviewee already had a bright smile, creating a positive and energetic impression. It was a unique experience where morning in Hungary coincided with the afternoon in the Philippines, adding an interesting dynamic to the conversation.
The interviewer was a Hungarian woman who conveyed her excitement and made the interviewee feel at ease. She encouraged the interviewee to introduce themselves whenever they felt ready. The interviewer found the process to be light-hearted and even shared a laugh to alleviate any nervousness. The underlying message was clear: it’s important to be authentic and not overthink every aspect of the interview. Instead, the emphasis was on letting the conversation flow naturally, fostering a comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
Question 1: Introduce Yourself
The interview typically begins with the common question of introducing oneself. However, the advice given was to avoid falling into the trap of providing one-word answers for each question. Instead, it was suggested to engage in a more interactive and engaging manner, showcasing personality and unique experiences. This approach helps to capture the interviewer’s interest and keeps the conversation lively and engaging.
By encouraging a natural and conversational tone, the interviewee can make a lasting impression. The goal is to leave a positive and memorable impression on the employer by showcasing one’s skills, qualifications, and enthusiasm for the opportunity at hand.
- During a job interview, focus on selling yourself and highlighting your strengths.
- Introduce yourself confidently, providing essential details like your name, age, and brief personal background.
- Emphasize your educational background, mentioning where you graduated from.
- Share a concise overview of your relevant work experience without going into excessive detail.
- Highlight significant accomplishments and key responsibilities from your previous roles.
- Avoid going off on tangents or providing unnecessary personal information.
- Showcase your preparedness by researching the company and the position beforehand.
- Articulate your professional journey effectively, demonstrating a clear understanding of your career path.
- Communicate confidently, maintaining a positive and engaging demeanor throughout the interview.
- Be authentic and genuine, allowing the conversation to flow naturally with the interviewer.
During a job interview, it is essential to effectively market yourself. You need to showcase your qualities and convince the employer to hire you. Unlike an immigration interview where responses are straightforward, a job interview requires you to actively promote yourself. Selling yourself is the crucial first step in the job application process.
When introducing yourself, provide relevant details such as your name, age, and a brief mention of your personal life, such as having pets or living with your family. However, focus primarily on presenting your professional qualifications rather than delving into personal matters. Mention where you graduated from and provide a concise overview of your work experience without going into excessive detail.
For instance, after graduating, she gained work experience and had the opportunity to work in Taiwan. This allowed her to gain valuable insights into the industry and develop a better understanding of her professional path. She emphasized the importance of highlighting significant accomplishments and briefly mentioned her work experience in the Philippines.
Remember, the goal is to present a clear and concise summary of your background and experience, showcasing your relevant skills and qualifications. By doing so, you demonstrate your preparedness and ability to articulate your professional journey effectively.
Question 2: Talk About Your Work Experience
- Be prepared to explain your work experience in detail.
- Take a deep breath and speak slowly and clearly.
- Describe your previous company and the specific product you worked on.
- Highlight the number of hours you worked and any overtime you did.
- Explain your department and specific job responsibilities.
- Mention the tools and equipment you utilized in your work.
- Don’t rush your speech; take your time and breathe.
- Ensure your explanation is thorough but concise.
- Listen attentively to the employer’s response.
- Receiving an “all right” from the employer indicates a successful explanation.
The next question is about the vlogger’s work experience. The employer already has her resume, so they are aware of her previous work experiences. They specifically chose a work experience related to the company she’s applying to and asked her to explain her work in Taiwan.
As an applicant, it’s important to provide a detailed answer. They want you to explain in depth, which may require a long explanation. Describe your role in the previous company and the specific product you worked on. The vlogger shared that she used to work 12 hours a day, 78 hours a week. Sometimes, there were no rest days because of overtime (OT), which meant an additional 12 hours of work.
The vlogger explained the department she was in and her specific job responsibilities, ensuring that certain tasks were performed in a particular manner. The tools and equipment utilized in the department were mentioned, such as automatic machines, microscopes, and computers.
While this may be a lengthy response, it’s important to speak slowly and clearly to avoid getting nervous or stumbling over your words. Take your time and allow yourself to breathe. The employer will patiently listen to your explanation. Don’t rush your speech.
After sharing the details, the employer’s response of “all right” indicates that they obtained the information they wanted to hear, and she was able to explain it effectively.
Question 3: Why Do You Want to Work in Hungary?
During the job interview, the vlogger was asked the third question: “Why do you want to work in Hungary?” She openly admitted that the allure of Europe, including Hungary, had always captivated her. Like many fellow Filipinos, the dream of working in Europe resonated deeply within her. It was a common aspiration shared by many individuals from the Philippines.
The vlogger recognized that working in Hungary presented a multitude of opportunities that she eagerly anticipated. The moment she set foot in Europe, she knew there would be a world of possibilities awaiting her. The prospect of exploring a new country, experiencing a different culture, and embracing the international work environment fueled her desire to choose Hungary as her work destination.
Hungary, as a European country, held significant appeal. It offered a thriving economy, a vibrant cultural scene, and a rich historical heritage. These factors intrigued the vlogger and made her yearn for a chance to be part of the professional landscape in Hungary.
Additionally, the opportunity to enhance her skills, learn from international standards, and engage with diverse industries further fueled her enthusiasm for working in this European nation.
Moreover, the vlogger was enticed by the promises of a higher quality of life, well-established social welfare systems, and a healthy work-life balance that Hungary provided. She understood that working in Hungary would not only offer professional growth but also personal fulfillment and a more harmonious lifestyle.
Question 4: What Do You Know About Hungary?
- Research Hungary: Take the time to gather information about Hungary, including its history, culture, landmarks, and current affairs.
- Explore Hungarian History: Familiarize yourself with significant events, influential figures, and milestones that have shaped Hungary’s identity.
- Show Genuine Interest: Demonstrate your curiosity and enthusiasm for Hungary during the interview.
- Balance Knowledge and Personality: Strike a balance between showcasing your knowledge about Hungary and infusing your responses with a touch of humor and personality.
- Stay Updated: Stay informed about Hungary’s current affairs, economic landscape, and social dynamics.
- Embrace the Culture: Display a willingness to embrace the new work environment and cultural aspects of Hungary.
- Be Engaging: Engage the interviewer through meaningful discussions and demonstrate your genuine interest in the country.
- Showcase Your Commitment: Highlight your commitment to learning about Hungary by showing that you have taken the initiative to research the country.
Moving on to the fourth question, the vlogger was asked, “What do you know about Hungary?” The interviewer had been laughing and seemed pleased with the overall interaction. As a valuable tip for job seekers, it is essential to conduct research on Hungary beforehand. Thankfully, gathering information about Hungary is relatively easy with a simple online search.
Hungary, being a country with a rich historical background, offers a wealth of captivating historical narratives to explore. It is advisable to delve into Hungary’s history, discovering notable events, influential figures, and significant milestones that have shaped the nation’s identity. This knowledge will not only showcase your interest in the country but also provide a solid foundation for meaningful discussions during the interview.
Question 5: What is Your Question for Me?
The vlogger asked, “Okay, since Hungary recently started accepting many Filipino workers, if we work there for two or more years, is there a possibility for us to become citizens?” The interviewer responded that she still doesn’t have a clear answer.
While there are possibilities, the process has not been discussed with Hungarian authorities yet, especially with the increasing number of Filipinos in the country. The vlogger expressed her desire to become a citizen of Hungary without having to marry a Hungarian, similar to how it works in Canada, where you can become a citizen after working for a certain number of years. That was the interviewer’s response, and she mentioned that she was satisfied with it, saying, “Yeah, you explained it well.”
In conclusion, preparing for a job interview as an OFW in Hungary requires thorough research, confidence, and a genuine passion for seizing opportunities in Europe. By understanding the common interview questions, showcasing your relevant work experience, demonstrating knowledge about Hungary, and asking thoughtful questions, you can increase your chances of success. Remember to be yourself, stay calm, and approach the interview with a positive mindset. With proper preparation and a strong determination, you can embark on an exciting journey towards a fulfilling career in Hungary.