For Filipinos who are living and working in Hungary, the Philippine embassy can cater to your needs. The Philippine government works through embassies in order to serve more Filipinos who are abroad. If you need services such as passport application, visa application, renewal services, recording of the birth of your child, recording of the death of your loved one, marriage solemnization, and so on. Everything you need from the Philippine government is in the embassy already. In case you need the help of OWWA and POLO specifically, you can ask the staff of the embassy to direct you to the offices of these agencies.
Also Read: How to Apply for a Schengen Tourist Visa
When you are living or working abroad, it’s essential that you keep the contact details of the Philippine embassy so that by the time that you need help during emergencies and legal issues, you know who to call and where to ask for assistance. Most Filipinos abroad don’t have relatives with them. If you are independently living in Hungary alone, you should keep with you the information about the embassy for your own good.
In this blog, we collected all the essential details of the Philippine embassy that we think you will need. We hope this serves as your guide to make your stay in Hungary more peaceful with the help of our government officers.
- History – PH Embassy Budapest
- Services Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
- Tips When Visiting the Embassy
- Opening Hours
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
History – PH Embassy Budapest
The Philippines and Hungary have existing bilateral relations and that is evident in the presence each country has in both territories. For instance, Hungary maintains an embassy in Manila while the Philippines has its own embassy in Budapest. In order to be in harmony, both countries do everything they could to serve their people in the best means they can. So, if someone from Hungary needs the services of its country, he/she can go directly to the embassy to seek the help of the government. The same goes for Filipinos who are in Hungary.
The Philippine Embassy in Hungary has the vision to advance the interest of the Philippines and the Filipino people not just in Hungary but as well as in other countries under its jurisdictions, such as Bosnia, Herzegovina, Republic of Serbia, Romania, Republic of Moldova, and the Republic of Bulgaria. In its vision, it says that the embassy is the prime agency of the government of the Philippines that is responsible for the pursuit of the Philippines’ foreign policy in Hungary.
If you want to know the services offered by the embassy of Hungary, here’s the list:
- Consular Outreach Program
- Adult New Applicant
- Adult Renewal Applicant
- Minor New/Renewal Applicant
- Travel Document
- Authenticating Documents Made Simpler by the Apostille
- Civil Registry
- Solemnization of Marriage
- Report of Marriage
- Report of Birth
- Report of Death and/or Consular Mortuary Certificate
- Dual Citizenship
- Waiver of Exclusion Ground
- Certificate of Not the Same Person
- Balikbayan Program
- Schedule of Consular Services and Fees
- Consular Service Fees and Turnaround Time
- List of Other Services
- Transport of Pets
- NBI Clearance
- Renewal of Philippine Driver’s License
- Securing a J1-Waiver
- PH Requirements for Medical Missions
- Departure Formalities
- Philippine Overseas Labor Office
- Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate
- OWWA Membership Program
- Employment Contract Verification and Authentication
- Implementation of POEA Rules on Direct Hiring
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
What are the documents I should bring during my passport renewal?
Passport renewal is a popular service in the embassy. You will likely see Filipinos going to the embassy for this purpose. If you need the same service, here’s what you need to bring.
- Original old or expired passport.
- Complete passport application form.
- Photocopy of your passport’s data page
- Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
- Passport processing fee
What are the documents needed when a minor wants to obtain a passport?
Children who are below 18 years old can obtain their passports from the Philippine embassy in Hungary with the following papers:
- Birth certificate
- Report of birth form
- Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
- Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
- Letter of consent with the signature of both parents
What happens if I lost my Philippine passport?
For those who lost their passports, you can easily get a new one provided that you report the incident to the police or authorities. You will use the report to apply for a new one. Here are the following documents you need to secure if you lose your passport:
- Police report or case certificate
- Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate if applicable
- A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
- Annulment/divorce, if applicable.
Tips When Visiting the Embassy
When visiting the embassy, here’s what you need to consider:
1. Don’t wear shorts or sando.
When you go to the embassy, you should at least wear decent clothes such as collared t-shirts, pants, jeans, dresses, blouses, and so on. Avoid wearing shorts or sando.
2. Collect all the documents needed before you go to the embassy.
Secure all the documents first before you go to the embassy to avoid hassle and other applications issues.
3. Adhere to your schedule.
Follow your appointment. If you can go there early, the better.
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Embassy of the Philippines in Budapest, Hungary
Contact Person: Maria Fe T. Pangilinan – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Address: 1026 Budapest, Gabor Aron utca 58 Hungary
Tel. No.: (+36-1) 391-4300
Fax No.: (+36-1) 200-5528
Duty Officer No.: (+36) 30-202-1760
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/PHLinHungary/
Google Map Location
In case you are wondering where the Philippine Embassy in Hungary is located, below is a map guide for you: