Filipinos who are in Canada, you don’t have to go to the PH Ottawa embassy to avail different services. You have an alternative—the Philippine consulate in Calgary, Canada. If are in need of services such as visa-related matters, passport application, passport renewal, birth certificate, death certificate, marriage solemnization, travel-related services, and so on, you can definitely get help from this consulate. Another thing that you can look forward to is the services from POLO and OWWA. If you are in a tough situation right now and you need help for emergency situations, you can call the attention of POLO and OWWA to come and rescue you.
When you are abroad, the most vital thing you can do is to keep the contact of those who can help you in times of emergencies. In Canada, the Philippine Consulate in Calgary, Canada can help you. You just need to know when and where to contact them. Keep a list of its contact details for your own safety and protection.
This blog talks about the services offered, frequently asked questions, opening hours, contact details, tips when visiting the consulate, and the location of the consulate in Calgary, Canada. To start, here’s your ultimate guide.
History – PCG Calgary
The Philippine Consulate in Calgary, Canada has just recently opened to serve more Filipinos who are in Canada. Before this branch, the Philippine government was only working thru the embassy in Vancouver. The old embassy catered to all the needs of Filipinos in the country. But when the number of Filipino immigrants and workers continued to surge, the government was left with no choice but to increase its capacity to serve more Filipinos who chose to settle their life and career in Canada.
The consulate’s vision includes becoming an organization that is competent, highly-motivated, and dedicated to working effectively and efficiently. This vision, according to the consulate, is for the benefit of Filipinos who are in Alberta and Saskatchewan and other corners of Canada. The consulate’s goal is also aimed towards the national interest of the Philippines and the wellbeing of Filipinos who are in Canada. The consulates have equal tasks and they are required to be responsive to the needs of the public. The consulate in Calgary is working with excellence, patriotism, integrity, and strive for nothing less.
Other Philippine Offices in Canada
In case you need to find information on other PH Consulate and embassy office locations, below are details:
- Philippine Embassy in Ottawa, Canada
- Philippine Consulate General in Toronto, Canada
- Philippine Consulate General in Vancouver, Canada
Here’s the list of services offered by the PCG in Calgary:
- Issuance of Passport
- Travel Document
- Issuance of Visa
- Requirements for the Retention and Re-Acquisition of Philippine Citizenship
- Notarial and other Legal Services
- Registration of Nationals
- Report of Marriage, Birth, and Death
- Collection of Income Tax
- Balikbayan Stamp
- Philippine Embassy and Consulates General in Canada
- Philippine Honorary Consuls General and Consul in Canada
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
What are the documents I should bring during my passport renewal?
To avail of the passport renewal from the consulate, here are the usual documents you need:
- Original old or expired passport.
- Complete passport application form.
- Photocopy of your passport’s data page
- Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
- Passport processing fee
What happens if I lost my Philippine passport?
Applying for a new passport is not that hard, however, you need to secure the following papers so you can apply for a new one:
- Police report or case certificate
- Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate if applicable
- A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
- Annulment/divorce, if applicable.
What are the documents needed when a minor wants to obtain a passport?
Minors who want to obtain their passports can go to the Philippine consulate with the following documents:
- Birth certificate
- Report of birth form
- Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
- Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
- Letter of consent with the signature of both parents
Tips When Visiting the Consulate
1. Don’t get late.
When visiting the consulate in Calgary, you need to follow your schedule, especially because there are a lot of Filipinos seeking its help as well. If you will not follow your appointment and be at the consulate past your schedule, there is a chance that your schedule will get canceled.
2. Check the requirements you have before you leave.
You have to make sure that all your requirements are in your bag before you leave your home. This is to ensure that you will not be stressed about going back home because you forgot a document that is mostly needed.
3. Park your car in the designated parking.
There are times that clients park in the wrong place, especially when visiting the consulate. Like adhering to your schedule, you also need to follow the guideline when it comes to personally appear at the consulate. For instance, if you bring your car with you, make sure that you are not just leaving it somewhere so that you can go inside the consulate.
4. Always dress smartly or casually.
Finally, dress smartly or casually. When taking your passport photos, you need to wear something decent like collared shirts or blouses. You can’t wear sando and short pants inside the consulate. This is a part of respecting the government office. So, wear the proper attire.
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Consulate General of the Philippines in Calgary, Canada
Contact Person: Zaldy Patron – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Address: 9th Floor, Suite 920, Centre 10 Bldg., 517 10th Avenue, SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Telephone Number: 1.403.455.9457
Emergency No: 1.587.577.1524
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org / calgarypcg.RA9225@gmail.com / calgarypcg.ATN@gmail.com / email@example.com
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinCalgary
Google Map Location
In case you are wondering where the Philippine Consulate in Calgary is located, below is a map guide for you: