Aside from the PH embassy in Riyadh, you can also go to the Philippine consulate to avail yourself of the services you need. Like embassies, consulates can offer passport renewal services, passport application, visa application, visa renewal, birth certificate application, death certificate application, marriage solemnization, and dual citizenship application. There are still other services offered by the consulate. Just visit the official website of the consulate in your country to know more about the services it offers or continue reading this blog if you are in Saudi Arabia.
There are different organizations that you can turn to if you are an OFW. For instance, you can go to the embassy, POLO, or consulate if there are available branches. In Saudi Arabia, both the embassy and consulate exist. The embassy is located in Riyadh while the consulate is located in Jeddah. If you can’t go to Riyadh and you are just near Jeddah, you can go to the consulate instead. Knowing where POLO is located is helpful as well. With over 30 branches around the world, you can instantly reach out to POLO if you are in a tough situation or when your life or limbs are in danger. POLO helps OFWs who are in emergency cases.
If you are in Saudi Arabia, whether your situation is good or not, it helps a lot if you will keep the information about the embassy with you for convenience. You will never know when is the time to contact the embassy. It is better if you gave their contact information ready anytime.
In this blog, you will learn a lot about the Philippine consulate in Saudi Arabia, including the services it offers, frequently asked questions, tips before going to the embassy, contact number, email, location, and a map guide. Let this serve as your guide if you haven’t gone to the consulate.
- History – Philippine Consulate in Saudi Arabia
- Services Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
- Tips When Visiting the Philippine Consulate
- Opening Hours
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
History – Philippine Consulate in Saudi Arabia
The Philippines and Saudi Arabia have a strong bond. Following the establishment of the embassy, the Philippines had to construct another government office that would help Filipinos who are working and residing in the country. The diplomatic relations between the two countries were formalized through the embassy and as more Filipinos fly to the Kingdom to look for more job opportunities, the government saw it as a sign that there was a need to expand the embassy and that was through a consulate. From then on, the Philippine consulate in Jeddah was built and it continuously serves Filipinos who are in Saudi Arabia.
Here’s the list of services offered by the Philippine Consulate in Jeddah.
- Issuance of Passport
- Travel Document
- Issuance of Visa
- Requirements for the Retention and Re-Acquisition of Philippine Citizenship
- Notarial and other Legal Services
- Registration of Nationals
- Report of Marriage, Birth and Death
- Collection of Income Tax
- Balikbayan Stamp
- Philippine Embassy and Consulates General in Saudi Arabia
- Philippine Honorary Consuls General and Consul in Saudi Arabia
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
What documents should I bring during my passport renewal?
Passport renewal is a common service frequently availed by Filipinos who are in Saudi Arabia. If your passport is about to expire, the following are the documents that need to be submitted.
- Original old or expired passport.
- Complete passport application form.
- Photocopy of your passport’s data page
- Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
- Passport processing fee
What happens if I lost my Philippine passport?
If you lost your passport and you need to apply for a new one, the following needs to be submitted to the Philippine consulate so that the authorities can issue your new passport. Just a reminder that you need to report the matter to the police for you to obtain a case certificate.
- Police report or case certificate
- Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate if applicable
- A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
- Annulment/divorce, if applicable.
What are the documents needed when a minor wants to obtain a passport?
If you are wondering how your minor child or minor relative can obtain a passport from the consulate or embassy, the following needs to be submitted and you need to schedule an appointment for them. If you are the parent or the guardian, you need to be with your child during your schedule.
- Birth certificate
- Report of birth form
- Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
- Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
- Letter of consent with the signature of both parents
Tips When Visiting the Philippine Consulate
Check the official website of the Philippine Consulate in Saudi Arabia.
Before you go to Jeddah to avail of the services there, it helps a lot if you will visit the official website of the Philippine Consulate. Updates, latest news, announcements, and other changes are posted there.
You have to be present when availing of the service you need.
Both the embassy and consulate don’t allow proxies. You have to be present at the consulate when availing of the services you need. Even with authorization letters, your proxies will not be permitted.
Complete all your documents before you visit the consulate.
The requirements are the most important when getting a service from the consulate. Without them, the personnel of the consulate will not process your application.
Dress according to the rules.
The rules are not strict in terms of dressing. However, you are not allowed to enter the consulate if you are wearing shorts or sando. You need to be decent when going to the consulate.
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Consulate General of the Philippines in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Contact Person: Consul General Edgar B. Badajos
Address: Umm Al Qurah St., Al Rehab District 3, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, P.O. Box 4794 Jeddah 21412
Tel. Nos.: (+966-12) 667-0925; 669-6303
Fax No. (+966-12) 669-6797
Hotline Nos.: (+966-55) 521-9614 (Consular)
(+966-55) 5219-613 (ATN; (+966-53) 4240-362 (ATN)
Google Map Location
In case you are wondering where the Philippine Consulate in Jeddah is located, below is a map guide for you: