Are you a returning OFW who wants to maximize your time with your loved ones back home? We understand how valuable your time is, and spending a whole day just to obtain an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) may not be an ideal way to spend it. The good news is, there’s a way to save you time and energy, and that is to get a BM Online OEC Exemption.
Many returning OFWs are unaware they can be exempted from securing an OEC as long as they meet certain conditions. With just a few clicks, you can now avail of an OEC exemption through the Balik Manggagawa (BM) Online System. In this article, we will guide you through the step-by-step process of obtaining a BM Online OEC Exemption. So, if this is something you would like to find out more about, then keep on reading.
The Balik Manggagawa OEC Exemption is only available to a specific group of returning OFWs who meet certain conditions. To qualify for this exemption, you must meet the following:
- Returning OFW with a valid work visa or work permit
- Returning to the same employer
- Returning to the same job site
- Have a record in the POEA database (meaning, the POEA previously issued an OEC to you)
How to Get an OEC Exemption Online
Once you meet the above qualifications, you may then proceed with the application for the OEC Exemption online by following these steps. If you’re a returning OFW who meets the requirements for a Balik Manggagawa (BM) OEC exemption, follow these steps to apply for it online:
Step 1: Register for a BM Online Account
- Go to the BM Online System website.
- Under New User, fill out the required fields and accept the Terms of Service.
- Check your email for a confirmation link from the POEA and click on it to activate your account.
Step 2: Log in to the BM Online System
- Enter your email and password under the Already Registered section.
- Enter your last issued OEC number to verify your record. If your record is found, confirm if you’re returning to the same employer and job site.
Step 3: Update Your Profile Page
- Fill out the Personal Data, Contract Particulars, and Legal Beneficiaries forms at the My Profile page.
- Upload a profile picture that shows your full face.
Step 4: Click Acquire OEC or Exemption
- Enter your expected flight schedule, ensuring your departure date is within the 60-day OEC validity period.
- Click the Submit button and confirm that you’re returning to the same employer and job site.
Step 5: Wait for the OEC Exemption Confirmation Message
- If you’re qualified for an OEC Exemption, a confirmation pop-up will appear on your screen, containing your BM online OEC exemption number and instructions on what to do at the airport during your departure date.
On Your Departure Date
If you’re an OFW with a Balik Manggagawa OEC exemption, you’ll have a different pre-departure procedure than non-exempted OFWs.
You need to go straight to the airline counter to check in, and then proceed to the Immigration counter where you will present your valid passport and work visa or work permit.
Travel Tax and Terminal Fee Exemption
If you want to avail of travel tax and terminal fee exemption, make sure to present any of the following proof of overseas employment to both the MIAA counter and the airline counter:
- valid work visa or work permit,
- valid employment contract,
- current employment certificate,
- company ID, or
- your latest payslip.
Note: It’s important to have both the original and photocopy of the documents. By following these steps, you can ensure a hassle-free pre-departure experience at the airport.
Benefits of the OEC
The OEC, or Overseas Employment Certificate, provides a number of benefits to OFWs.These benefits include:
- Travel tax exemption: OFWs with a valid OEC are exempt from paying the travel tax when leaving the Philippines.
- Airport terminal fee exemption: OFWs are also exempt from paying the terminal fee at the airport.
- OFWs with a valid OEC can avail of reduced travel tax for their spouse or dependents who are traveling with them.
These benefits help alleviate some of the financial burden associated with travel and make it easier for OFWs to return to their place of work abroad.
Video: HOW TO GET OEC EXEMPTION ONLINE | POEA Online Processing System for Balik-Manggagawa (POPS-BaM)
The video provides a comprehensive guide for OFWs on how to obtain an OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate) exemption online using the new POEA Online Processing System for Back-Worker (POPS-BaM). The video explains that the OEC exemption is only available to returning workers with the same employer abroad. It then goes on to provide a step-by-step guide on how to obtain an OEC exemption using the POPS-BaM system.
The first step is to register and create an account in the POPS-BaM system. After completing the registration, an email will be sent for account activation. The video continues to explain the next steps for securing an OEC exemption, which includes updating personal information and contract particulars, uploading a profile photo, and providing expected flight details.
The vlogger also noted that if you have not received an activation email for your account with the BM website, you may proceed by trying to check your junk or spam folder. You can also try resending it by going to your account and clicking the “Redirect Email” button. If you still can’t get the email, you can contact POEA by calling their email address or hotline numbers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the BM Online OEC Exemption?
BM Online OEC Exemption is a document that exempts returning Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) from the need to obtain an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) for their next deployment.
2. Who is eligible for the BM Online OEC Exemption?
Returning OFWs with the same employer and job site as their previous deployment who have a record in the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) database are eligible for BM Online OEC Exemption.
3. How can I apply for BM OEC Exemption online?
You can apply for BM Online OEC Exemption by registering for a BM Online account, logging in, updating your profile, and acquiring your OEC exemption.
4. Do I need to pay for my OEC Exemption?
No, you do not need to pay for BM Online OEC Exemption.
5. How long is the validity of the BM OEC Exemption?
The validity of BM Online OEC Exemption is 60 days from the date of issuance.
6. How can I avail of the travel tax and terminal fee exemption with my BM OEC Exemption?
You can avail of the travel tax and terminal fee exemption by presenting your valid work visa or permit, employment contract, current employment certificate, company ID, or latest payslip to the MIAA and airline counters.
7. Can I apply for BM Online OEC Exemption if I have a new employer or job site?
No, you cannot apply for BM Online OEC Exemption if you have a new employer or job site. You need to secure a regular OEC for your next deployment.
8. Should I print my BM Online OEC Exemption document?
No, you do not need to print your BM Online OEC Exemption document. The exemption number will be enough proof of your exemption from the OEC requirement.
In conclusion, getting a BM Online OEC Exemption can save you time, effort, and even money. By following the step-by-step guide we provided, you can easily obtain an OEC exemption through the BM Online System. This way, you can focus on spending more quality time with your loved ones back home, rather than spending an entire day just to secure an OEC. We hope that this article has been helpful and informative, and that you were able to learn more about the benefits of getting a BM Online OEC Exemption. If you have any further questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to the POEA or check their website for more information.