If your LTO documents are set to expire before the end of January, you should know that you have two months before renewing them.
Due to the spike in COVID-19 cases, the Land Transportation Office has extended the validity of various documents such as driver’s licenses and student permits.
LTO: Expiring Driver’s Licenses’ Validity Extended
The Land Transportation Office has extended the validity of various types of licenses and permits for students and drivers that are set to expire this January, February, and March.
Those with expiring licenses and permits this month can still use them until March 31. Also, those with these types of permits and licenses that will be due to expire in February can still use them until April 30.
And finally, those with expired permits and licenses that will be due to expire in March can still use them until May 31.
Below is a guide to know the months when you can apply for the renewal of your documents. It’s based on the month when your license or permit is due to expire.
- Expiry: January 2022 – extended until March 31, 2022
- Expiry: February 2022 extended until April 30, 2022
- Expiry: March 2022 extended until May 31, 2022
The LTO’s new registration unit is now open for online applications. Aside from this, the public is also urged to visit the branches and to observe health protocols, such as:
- Bring your own hand sanitizers and disinfectants.
- Fill out forms with your own pen.
- Maintain social distance at all times.
- To minimize delays, prepare the required papers.
- Wear your face shields correctly.
In line with this, the deadline for the renewal of vehicle registrations with plate numbers ending in 1 is extended until February 2022.