How to Apply NHA Housing Program for OFWs

Owning a house is the fulfillment of a dream for many Filipinos, including the Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) whom we consider the Bagong Bayani due to their willingness to sacrifice their happiness by living and working away from home just to be able to give their families a better, brighter future. It’s the “ultimate dream” that works just as well as a long-term investment that doesn’t depreciate in value over time.

However, being an OFW and earning more than the average Filipino does not automatically guarantee OFWs the ability to buy a house or invest in real estate. More often than not, they end up barely making ends meet, especially for those with big families.

With this in mind, the National Housing Authority (NHA), a government agency responsible for public housing programs in the Philippines, partnered with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) to help improve the quality of life of the migrant Filipino workers by offering a way to achieve their dream of owning a house. Through their newest program aptly named Tahanan ng Bagong Bayani, the Philippine government, through the NHA, offers OFWs the chance to avail low-cost, high-quality housing in various places in the Philippines.

In this article, we will walk you through the complete steps to apply and avail of this affordable housing program that the NHA is offering the OFWs. We also listed everything that you would need to know – from the complete requirements and qualifications to the full application process, along with the answers to some of the questions that you may ask about the program, Tahanan ng Bagong Bayani.

Table of Contents

Photo credit: NHA-TBB

What is NHA’s Tahanan ng Bagong Bayani (NHA-TBB) Program?

The National Housing Authority’s Tahanan ng Bagong Bayani (NHA-TBB) is the NHA’s newest housing program aimed at providing affordable housing for OFWs. This project is an extension of NHA’s Government Employees Housing Program (GEHP) directed towards OFWs instead of government employees. It aims to even out the playing field for OFWs who weren’t lucky enough to inherit properties, allowing them to buy their own house and increasing their motivation to work abroad.

Created in partnership with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the NHA-TBB, like the NHA-GEHP, is implemented under the Agency’s Community Based Initiative Approach (CBIA) designed to build on the community’s initiative and the participation of families/agencies through their Community Association.

The program features enhanced housing design and different housing models designed specifically according to OFW tastes and needs. The houses feature two bedrooms designed according to gender standards, toilet and bath, kitchen and living area and parking space.

The NHA-TBB projects has the following objectives: a.) promote comfortable housing units in strategic locations to the OFWs; b.) provide opportunity for all OFWs to apply for housing units; and c.) to expand housing options for OFWs in need of a home they can call their own.

Video: National Housing Authority’s Tahanan ng Bagong Bayani (OFW Housing Program)

To learn more about what NHA-TBB is all about, you may watch this video.

Applying for the NHA-TBB Housing Program for OFWs

For OFWs who are interested in a housing unit under the NHA-TBB program runs under the same principle as the NHA-GEHP, and this section lists all the basic qualifications, requirements, and procedures to avail one.


  • Applicants must be an active Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW).
  • Must have an updated payment of account, if already an awardee of NHA.
  • He/she must not be more than sixty-five (65) years old at the date of application and not more than seventy (70) years old at the time of maturity of the housing loan.
  • If the applicant is a retired government employee, he/she may avail the housing benefit within one year from date of retirement and shall pay an outright cash.

Note: If you are eligible/qualified, you may fill up the online Application Form or download the Application to Purchase House and Lot Form.

Also Read: Pag-IBIG Housing Loans Made Easier for Filipinos

Documentary Requirements

Just like in the NHA-GEHP, the requirements expected from OFWs availing the NHA-TBB include:


  • Duly accomplished Application Form – Application to Purchase House and Lot Form.
  • Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC), or in its absence, the POEA Work Contract.
  • Proof of Income, which could be any of the following:
  • Employer’s Certificate of Compensation
  • BIR Certified Income Tax Return
  • Certificate of Active in Service
    • For Uniformed Personnel Only, provide Certificate of Active in Service.
  • Proof of Identity/Civil Status
    • For Single Applicants: Birth Certificate, Two (2) valid government-issued ID
    • For Married Applicants: Marriage Certificate, Affidavit of Separation-in-Fact (for applicants not legally separated/annulled), and Any two (2) government-issued ID
  • Any of the following Government Issued IDs
    • Philippine National ID
    • Driver’s License
    • Postal ID
    • Voter’s ID
    • Passport
    • NBI/Police Clearance/ID
    • Government Office I.D.
    • Barangay Certification with Picture
    • DSWD Certification/ Solo Parent ID
    • Senior Citizen ID
    • Persons with Disabilities (PWD) ID


Upon Loan Application
  • Duly accomplished Housing Loan Application
  • Recent 1″x1″ ID photo of borrowed/co-borrower (if applicable) (2 original copies). Note that computer generated or photocopied pictures are not acceptable.
    Note: For employers who are requiring their employees to sign an authorization letter allowing said employer to disclose employment information to Pag-IBIG Fund, the member applicant shall execute a letter in the format required by his/her employer.
  • Proof of Income
    • For Locally Employed, any of the following:
      • Notarized Certificate of employment and Compensation (CEC), indicating the gross monthly income and monthly allowance and monthly monetary benefits received by the employee (1 original copy) duly signed by the authorized signatory of the employer. For system generated CEC, notarize the said CEC with signature of the authorized signatory of the employer.
      • Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) for the year immediately preceding the date of loan application, with attached BIR Form No. 2316, duly acknowledged by the BIR or authorized representative employer (1 photocopy).
      • One (1) Month Pay slip, within the last three (3) months prior to the date of loan application with name and signature of the following authorized signatory of the employer (1 certified true copy).
        Note: For government employees who will be paying their loan amortization through salary deduction, the original copy of One (1) Month Pay slip, within the last three (3) months prior to date of loan application must be submitted together with CEC or ITR as mentioned above.
      • Photocopy of one Valid ID with Signature (back-to-back) of borrower and spouse, if applicable. The same ID must be presented during the conduct of borrower’s validation.
    • From the Seller or Borrower
      • Latest Certified True Copy of TCT
      • For Condominium Unit, present TCT of the land and Condominium Certificate of Title (CCT) (Certified True Copy)
      • Updated Tax Declaration (House and Lot and Updated Real Estate Tax Receipt photocopy)
      • Contract-to-Sell or similar agreement between buyer and seller
      • Vicinity Map/Sketch Map leading to the Property subject of the loan.
Other Requirements
  • Health Insurance
Prior to Release of Loan Proceeds
  • TCT/CCT, covering the subject property in the name of Pag-IBIG Fund or the borrower (1 original copy) in case of discrepancy in name and other personal circumstances of owner/s or errors in technical description, registration of judicial correction or annotation of affidavit of correction.
  • Security Documents
    • Deed of Absolute Sale executed by Developer in favor of the Pag-IBIG Fund or the borrower, as the case may be (HQP-HLF-236/237) (7 original copies).
    • Deed of Conditional Sale (HQP-HLF-234/235) between Pag-IBIG Fund and the borrower, if TCT/CCT is still under the name of Pag-IBIG Fund or Loan Mortgage Agreement if TCT/CCT is under the name of borrower (HQP-HLF-162/163) (7 original copies)
    • Duly Notarized Promissory Note (HQP-HLF-086/087 (7 original copies)
    • Signed Disclosure Statement on Loan Transaction with conformity of the borrower (HQP-HLF-085) (1 original copy and 2 photocopies)
    • Signed Notice of Approval with conformity of the borrower (HQP-HLF-152/153) (1 original copy and 2 photocopies)
    • Updated Tax Declaration on the Land in the name of Pag-IBIG Fund or the borrower (1 photocopy)
    • Updated Tax Declaration on the improvements in the name of Pag-IBIG Fund or the borrower (1 photocopy)
    • Updated Real Estate Tax Receipt as the quarter immediately preceding the date of submission of documents in compliance to Notice of Approval (1 photocopy)
    • Notarized Certificate of Acceptance (HQP-HLF-083) (1 photocopy)
    • Occupancy Permit (1 photocopy)
    • Tranfer Tax Receipt for Lot and Building (1 photocopy)
    • Authority to Deduct Loan Amortization (HQP-HLF124/634) (1 original copy) for employers with existing CSA and in case that payment is through salary deduction.

How to Avail of a Housing Unit via the NHA-TBB

  • Visit the NHA website at
  • Hover your mouse over the Online Services tab and click GEHP and you will be redirected to the NHA-GEHP (
  • Scroll down to the Apply Now (fifth section) section of the page and click the button labeled Click Here to be redirected to the How to Apply page (
  • Take note of the qualifications and instructions, and prepare the documentary requirements listed on the page.
  • Once you have all the requirements or you are satisfied that you can provide them, scroll down to the section labeled Ready to Apply? And click the button labeled Click Here.
  • You will be redirected to the webpage: Click Overseas Filipino Worker to be redirected to the online application form (
  • Accomplish the form by supplying the following information:
    • Desired Mode and Terms of Payment
      • For the mode of payment: Applicants may opt to pay through End-User Financing (MTO Pag-IBIG) or Cash Sale.
      • For Cash Sale/Staggered Cash/In-House Financing (Installment Payment): Fill out the NHA Forms and all requirements stated on the list.
      • For End-User Financing (MTO-Pag-IBIG): Fill out the NHA Forms, Pag-IBIG Forms, and all the requirements stated on the list.
    • Housing Type
    • For OFWs: Name of the country where you work as an OFW
      • Applicant’s Identity, including:
      • Applicant’s Name (First, Middle, and Last Name)
      • Mother’s Surname
      • Residence Address
      • Place of Birth
      • Email Address
      • Date of Birth
      • Gender
      • Civil Status
      • Citizenship
      • Contact Number (Residence and Office number)
      • TIN
      • GSIS/SSS/Pag-IBIG Policy Number
    • Applicant’s Spouse / Co-Owner Identity
      • Name (First, Middle, and Last Name)
      • Mother’s Surname
      • Date of Birth
      • Place of Birth
    • Applicant’s Employment Status
      • Nature of Employment
      • Name of Agency/Corporation
      • Income
      • Address of Agency/Corporation
    • Applicant’s Family Composition
      • Family Members’ names (First, Middle, and Last Name)
      • Relation to Applicant
      • Civil Status
      • Age
      • Source of Income
    • Applicant’s Total Family Income per Month
    • Family’s Real Property Holdings
    • OEC File
  • Tick the checkbox and prove that you are not a robot.
  • Hit Submit.

Things to Remember:

  • Do not leave any blank portion in the online Application form. Type NA if you don’t have an answer.
  • Have your Application Form notarized prior to the submission of the documentary requirements.
  • Application forms and requirements may be submitted to the Implementing Regional/District Office of your chosen housing project or to any NHA Office near you.
  • Based on the availability of the projects listed on the NHA-GEHP website, you may choose your preferred housing project by visiting the Projects tab at

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. I’m an OFW interested in availing a housing unit via the NHA-TBB program but I’m currently out of the country. Can I send an authorized representative?

Yes. If you are currently abroad, you may have an authorized representative submit your documentary requirements to NHA, provided that he/she has on hand a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) detailing all the things that he/she can and cannot do on your behalf.

2. What should an OFW do if he/she is abroad but can’t send an authorized representative to deal with the requirements?

If you can’t send an authorized representative locally, then you can only apply from abroad. Just make sure to get the documentary requirements apostilled at the country where the OFW is currently working. You may get the documents apostilled at the DFA website or the Philippine Embassy or POLO in your location.

Also Read: How to Apply for a Pag-IBIG Housing Loan While Abroad

3. I’m a former OFW. Can I still apply for this?

Yes. Former OFWs are welcome to avail of housing units under the NHA-TBB Program. They just need to submit the complete requirements along with a documentary proof of their current source of income.

4. How does Staggered Cash payment work?

Staggered Cash payments option refers to the payment terms that allows the buyer/borrower to pay a fixed amount per month for 12 months. This requires a Sales Contract and it comes with a 0.5% delinquency interest or penalty for every month of delayed payments. Once the amount is paid in full, the beneficiary will sign a Deed of Sale. Failure to complete the payments in the allotted time will result in the forfeiture of all payments in favor of NHA.

5. How much does each housing unit cost?

For housing units with 30 sqm floor area and 60 sqm lot area, the price ranges between 1.9M to 2.1M. For housing units with 36 sqm of floor area situated in Low Rise Buildings, the price ranges from 2.5M to 3M.

6. When will the title get awarded?

After the application has been processed, you will receive an Approval Notice for your desired unit. The title will be handed over to you after the full payment of the total unit price.

7. Do I need to pay a down payment?

No. No down payment will be collected.

8. How many years will it take before the unit turnover?

The turnover can be done as soon as you get the Approval Notice.

9. I’m a Direct Hire OFW and I don’t have an OEC. What should I do?

The Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) is one of the primary documentary requirements needed by the NHA. You may apply for one at the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) near you or via the Department of Migrant Worker (DMW) website.

Also Read: How to Apply OEC from POEA for Direct Hire Workers

10. Is the 12K a fixed monthly installment or will it change if I choose to have it payable for 30 years?

The monthly installment may vary depending on the selected housing unit and payment period which may be adjusted according to preference provided that you don’t go beyond 70 years of age at the time of payment.

11. I want to pay a down payment. Is it possible?

Yes. You may elect to pay a down payment if you so desire. This will help lower the monthly amortization.

12. I already bought a housing unit from NHA before. Can I still avail of a new housing unit loan under the NHA-TBB program?

Yes. You may apply again. Just make sure that your account is updated and you do not have any outstanding balance.

13. If I am about to retire or has already retired but I am still working abroad, can I still avail of the NHA-TBB Housing?

Yes. If you are retiring soon or has already retired as an OFW, you will be categorized as a former OFW and can still avail of the program’s housing unit. Just apply and submit the complete requirements along with the current proof of income.

Also Read: 9 Tips to Get Your Pag-IBIG Housing Loan Approved Easily


There are a lot of available housing loans in the Philippines aimed at helping OFWs or our Bagong Bayani fulfill their dream of owning a house. The NHA-TBB program is just one of them, except that with this program, it is the NHA – the very agency tasked to implement housing programs and make them available to all Filipinos – that is handling the project in partnership with DOLE. In their efforts to improve the quality of life of overseas Filipino workers and bring them closer to their dream of owning a house, the NHA brings forth the NHA-TBB program – a housing program specifically designed for the OFWs, the Philippines’ Bagong Bayani.

Contact Information

National Housing Authority for Government Employee’s Housing Program (NHA-GEHP)

Trunkline: (02) 8790-0800 loc. 381
Direct Line: 02-8922-2490
Email Address:,
NHA_GEHP Contact Us form:

Also Read: 5 Best Housing Loan Options for OFWs

Leave a Comment