Don’t you just hate it when your Meralco bill comes and whatever viewing plans, virtual meets, or gaming sessions you have had to be set aside just to go out and queue for bills payment? How much time did you waste enduring the long lines that come with the need to settle your electricity bills? If you think about your grievances for the long queues, imagine how bad it was a decade or two ago.
We know, you think paying bills is one of those unnecessary evils of life. But, compared to how it was back then for your parents, you can consider yourself lucky that the development of technology and the Internet has made these tasks a lot easier.
Now that outdoor activities and face-to-face transactions are extremely limited, the option to pay bills online, including your Meralco bill, is available. There are also multiple payment channels online that you can consider, depending on which is most convenient for you. Because of this, you are now even able to say goodbye to long queues, missed due dates, and even penalty fees!
You can pay your Meralco bills online using different avenues—like a mobile wallet, mobile app, or website—as long as they have established a partnership with Meralco.
Advantages of Paying Bills Online
Online payments allow you to settle your electric bill without having to miss out on so many things or even leaving the comfort of your home through secured websites or mobile apps. It also means eliminating the risks associated with leaving the comfortable spots at home just to get it done. If you aren’t convinced yet, we’ve listed some benefits to paying your Meralco bills online to help you.
Because your bank and a few other online payment gateways are accessible via your smartphone or desktop, then it saves you time, energy, and transportation money. Even if some payment centers are just a few blocks away, paying online means you won’t even need to take one step out of the house to get this simple task over and done with.
Avoid long lines at banks or payment centers when settling your bills. Taking the process online and eliminate the middleman by paying directly to Meralco.
Having online payment facilities in place means you can settle your Meralco bill from anywhere. That said, going on an extended trip without worrying that they will cut your electric service off for non-payment is now possible. Likewise, you can settle your family’s Meralco bills from anywhere in the world without moving an inch, as long as your connection and system is secure.
Online Payment Channels for settling your Meralco bills
There are many options available for you, if you wish to settle your Meralco bills from the comforts of your home or office or from wherever you can access a stable Internet connection.
Via Meralco Online/website or app
Paying via Meralco Online/ Meralco Mobile App or its guest payment facility is like paying in a Meralco Business Center without the need to travel or line-up. Meralco Online/ Meralco Mobile App accepts payments for overdue bills, payments for disconnected services, and even advance payments, among others. Your payment will be posted in the system faster than paying through other channels.
This is an online facility launched by Meralco to allow their customers to settle their Meralco bills conveniently. Meralco Online is accessible through the Meralco website.
How to pay via Meralco Online?
To pay your Meralco bill via Meralco Online, the first thing to do is to create a Meralco Online Account. Once done, you can settle your bill by following these steps:
- Login to your Meralco Online Account.
- On the dashboard click “Pay Bills”.
- Review your bill summary and select bill you want to pay.
- Choose your preferred payment method. There is an option to pay with either your Credit card, Debit card or Prepaid card (i.e. PayMaya, SmartMoney, or GCash).
- Input your payment details and click “Next”.
- Review the payment details and click “Submit” to confirm.
- You will be redirected to your preferred payment partner’s page. Input the required information.
Once completed, an acknowledgement message will appear on the screen confirming the success of your payment transaction. You should also receive a payment confirmation e-mail.
Along with the option to pay on the website, Meralco also created the Meralco Mobile App. This is a mobile application allowing you to settle your Meralco bills using your mobile phone. It is available for both Android and iOS.
To use the Meralco Mobile app, you will also need to create a Meralco Online Account via the website. Once done, you may download the Mobile app and start the payment transaction. To do so, here are the steps to follow:
How to pay via the Meralco app?
- Open the MERALCO app, key in your credentials and login.
- Once you’re successfully logged in the app, you should see the Overview page which shows your total Meralco bill and Consumption report. Start paying your bill by tapping the ‘Pay Now’ button below the total amount.
- If you’re ready to pay, tap Check on the months you want to pay. Here you’d see all your unpaid current and previous balance. You can pay them individually or altogether.
- Key in your bank account details. Credit and debit cards from MasterCard, Visa, and JCB. GCash (AMEX Virtual Pay), PayMaya, and Smart Money are accepted with Php47 convenience fee.
- Once you filled everything, tap Next.
- You should see the Payment Summary page displaying a breakdown of your payment. You should see the total of all the months you checked earlier, the Php47 convenience fee, and the highlighted total amount. Confirm that everything is correct, then tap ‘Pay Now.’ The payment service provider will process your payment before you’re redirected back to the Meralco app.
- Once redirected back to the Meralco app, you will see a confirmation of your payment. You should also receive an email once the payment has posted.
As Guess via Meralco website
How to pay as guest via the Meralco website?
Yes, it is possible to pay your Meralco bill via the website without registering for an account and paying as a guest. This is accessible via the Meralco website or visit https://online.meralco.com.ph/customers/s/payasguest.
Via Online Banking/Mobile Banking App
If you have a savings account, a checking account, or a credit card, then you can use your bank’s electronic banking facility. Whether it is via the mobile app or the online banking facility, bills payment via your bank is undoubtedly the most convenient option. Not only does it let you pay your Meralco bill online, you may also schedule payments and never worry about missing a due date ever again.
Naturally, before you can pay your Meralco bills online through your bank, you need to sign up for an online banking account first. Once you have set up and activated your online/mobile banking account, you may enroll Meralco as a biller within the online banking system. After this, you can start paying your Meralco bill with just a few smartphone taps.
How to pay via the BPI Online Banking app?
- On bpi.com.ph, log in using your username and password.
- Add Meralco as a biller in your BPI online banking.
- Once done, click Payments/Load.
- Enter the required information – the BPI Account you will use to pay from, the Amount to Pay, the biller-Meralco, the additional Reference Number which is the last 5 digits of the ATM/Phone Reference Number located at the bottom of your latest Meralco bill – then, click ‘Next.’
- Confirm the transaction details
- Enter the OTP and Submit.
- You should receive the payment confirmation via email and SMS upon successful payment transaction.
How to pay via BDO Online Banking?
- Register to BDO Online Banking and log in using your username and password.
- Enroll Meralco as a biller in your BDO Online Banking Account.
- Once enrolled, click Pay Bills and Reload
- Then, click Bills Payment
- Click Pay Bills
- Enter the required information. Select the BDO Account you wish to pay from, Select Meralco, Enter the Amount, Subscriber’s name and number, ATM or Phone Reference Number, and Payment Schedule. Then click Submit.
- Confirm your transaction details and you will receive a payment confirmation via email and SMS.
Via Bayad Center Online and Other Apps
Even OFWs can make overseas Meralco bills payments by themselves and settle their family’s bills back home. If the options mentioned above don’t work for you, then you may want to check on the Bayad Center App and a few other options.
Bayad Center App
Bayad Center is a subsidiary of Meralco, and yet another online payment service that lets you pay your Meralco bills wherever you are. Bayad Center’s mobile app allows users to pay their bills online. To deter fraud and unauthorized payments, the Bayad Center App comes with security features like one-time PIN (OTP) verification, four-digit mobile PIN, face recognition, and fingerprint scan. It also comes with a bill reminder feature for people who keep forgetting their monthly due date.
How to pay via the Bayad Center app?
To do this, you can:
- To start the process, login on the Bayad Center App.
- On the main dashboard, tap the Pay Bills icon.
- Under the electricity category, select Meralco.
- Then, enter the 26-digit Meralco Reference Number located in the bottom center of your Meralco bill sheet.
- Enter your mobile number and press Next.
- You will then see four options on what amount to pay for. Choose one and key in the specific amount.
- You should then see the amount to be paid and the available fund in your account. In case you don’t have enough fund to pay the bill, you have the option to pay using PayPal. Tap Proceed.
- A summary of your payment will show on the next window. Note that there is a system fee, but there are also rebates for every transaction. Check the details and tap Pay Now.
- You will receive an SMS on your registered mobile number once the bill payment is successful. The details of the transaction will be enumerated in the message.
7-Eleven’s CLiQQ app is yet another option for paying your Meralco Bills.
How to pay via the Cliqq app?
To use the app, you will need to register for an account and top up the balance on your CLiQQ app. Then you may follow these steps:
- Log in on the CLiQQ app.
- Tap “Pay Bills.”
- Then, search for your preferred Biller – Meralco.
- After entering your bill’s account number, subscriber name, and payment amount in the CLiQQ app.
If your CLiQQ app is not funded, then simply generate a barcode then present it to the cashier at any 7-Eleven branch. The cashier will scan the barcode, and then you can pay your bill in cash. This bills payment app is convenient for anyone who doesn’t have a credit card, debit card, or mobile wallet and has easy access to a 7-Eleven store.
Now that there is less to gain by going out, mobile wallets have become increasingly popular. Not only does it make bill payments more accessible and less of a hassle, even ordering and paying for orders have been integrated in mobile wallet applications, making it an all-in-one digital pocket.
Among the most popular mobile apps you can check are:
GCash is a virtual wallet pioneered by the network service provider, Globe. It doesn’t require a credit or debit card, and it can be funded by either making a transfer or a cash-in transaction from other sources.
How to pay via the GCash app?
To use the GCash app, you will also need to sign up for a GCash account and download the app to your smartphone through Google Store or App Store. Once done, you can follow the following steps to pay your Meralco bill:
- Log on to your account via the GCash app.
- Click “Pay Bills.”
- Tap on “Utilities”.
- Choose the desired biller (Meralco).
- Key in the required details (Amount, reference/account number).
- Confirm the information entered.
- You will receive an SMS confirming the success of your transaction.
Note that while you can pay for overdue bills using GCash, you can’t use it if a disconnection notice from Meralco has already been generated.
Just like GCash, Paymaya is a money transfer service pioneered by a network service provider. This app is created by Smart Communications, a competitor of Globe. Like GCash, it is a virtual wallet so you will need to register for a Paymaya account, download the app, and fund the account before you can use it to pay for anything.
How to pay via the PayMaya app?
- Log on to your PayMaya app.
- Choose a biller (Meralco), then click the “>” sign.
- Fill up the required information, then click Continue.
- You will be redirected to the Payment page, so simply tap Pay and the transaction will be listed under (processing) Payment in the Activity List.
- Once payment has been Posted it will be tagged as “payment complete” and will appear under (posted) Payment in the Activity List.
If you encounter any issue regarding the use of the app, Paymaya recommends reaching out to them or through Bayad Center through the following channels:
For wallet debiting issues:
For non-posting of payment:
0917-8363000 / 0920-9663000
Coins.ph is better known for its service as a digital currency exchange for buying and selling bitcoin and other crypto currencies in the Philippines. Like other mobile wallets, it’s also an easy way to pay billers like Meralco, but it also requires account registration and pre-funding before it can be used for any financial transaction.
How to pay via the Coins.ph app?
- Log in to your Coins.ph wallet and click “Pay Bills.”
- Choose “Bayad Center” as the bill type.
- Select the biller – “Meralco”.
- Type in the exact amount found in your bill, then tap “Next.”
- Input your payment details – Meralco Reference Number (MRN), the amount due, and the due date.
- Choose whether you want to pay using your PHP wallet or BTC wallet, then click “Slide to Pay.” Once done, you will receive a reference number and email notification from Coins.ph.
Note that Coins.ph offers a five-peso cashback for each unique bill payment made using the mobile wallet.
As you can see, there are various ways to pay your Meralco bill online. Whether you use one now or you have already started with one, you may still check the other options available to you. Each payment gateway offers different options which may not be available when using another platform. However, one thing is for sure, if you decide to settle your electric bills using any of the payment gateways listed above, you will never have to go out, miss your favorite game or tv show, and suffer in long queues while waiting for snobbish tellers to assist you. Instead, with just a few taps, you can pay for your electric bill anytime, anywhere.
Do yourself a favor and take advantage of the new technology now. Not only will it save your effort, it will also give you more opportunities for other more important tasks or activities.