Filipinos who are in Prague, the Philippine embassy is open to serve you. In Prague, the presence of the Philippine government is in the embassy. If you need Filipino services such as passport renewal, application, visa-related services, recording of birth, recording of death, recording of marriage, and so on, don’t hesitate to ask the embassy for some help. All government personnel is ready to assist overseas Filipino workers in Prague who needs the following services. Also, if you need legal assistance and aids during emergencies, POLO and OWWA work together with the embassy. You can find them in the same building. Just ask the embassy to direct you to the offices of these two agencies.
It is important that you know about the location of the Philippine embassy in Prague, especially because it is the only way where the government can work for you. Always keep the information with you so that when you encounter emergencies and legal issues, you know who to contact.
In this blog, you will learn more about the Philippine Embassy in Prague including its location, contact number, email, services offered, frequently asked questions, and so on. We hope that this article will help you in finding the help you need while you are in Prague.
History – PH Embassy in Prague
The diplomatic relations of the Philippines and the Czech Republic are two-way. The Philippines has an embassy in the Czech Republic located in Prague while Czech Republic’s embassy in Manila. These two countries signed an agreement during the Cooperation in the Fields of Culture, Education, Science, and Sports that happened in 2013. In the same year, Deputy Prime Minister Schwarzenberg came to Manila to prepare the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the two countries’ formal bilateral relations. Also, the Department of National Defense inked the establishment of the Joint Defense Commission with the Czech Republic in 2014.
Knowing these agreements, the Philippine and Czech Republic show how strong their relationship is. Both of the countries maintain harmony with each other through its formal agreements, meetings, and of course, through the embassies. With the growing number of Filipinos in the Czech Republic, the Philippines established a means in order to help those who are in need. Today, Filipinos can head to Prague to get the help and services they need from the government. It is now more convenient for our OFWs to renew and apply for passports and visas with the help of the embassy.
If you want to know the services offered by the Embassy of the Czech Republic, here’s the list:
- Consular Outreach Program
- Adult New Applicant
- Adult Renewal Applicant
- Minor New/Renewal Applicant
- Travel Document
- Authenticating Documents Made Simpler by the Apostille
- Civil Registry
- Solemnization of Marriage
- Report of Marriage
- Report of Birth
- Report of Death and/or Consular Mortuary Certificate
- Dual Citizenship
- Waiver of Exclusion Ground
- Certificate of Not the Same Person
- Balikbayan Program
- Schedule of Consular Services and Fees
- Consular Service Fees and Turnaround Time
- List of Other Services
- Transport of Pets
- NBI Clearance
- Renewal of Philippine Driver’s License
- Securing a J1-Waiver
- PH Requirements for Medical Missions
- Departure Formalities
- Philippine Overseas Labor Office
- Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate
- OWWA Membership Program
- Employment Contract Verification and Authentication
- Implementation of POEA Rules on Direct Hiring
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
What are the documents I should bring during my passport renewal?
Passport renewal can be easily obtained from the Philippine Embassy in Prague. You need to bring the following documents during your renewal:
- Original old or expired passport.
- Complete passport application form.
- Photocopy of your passport’s data page
- Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
- Passport processing fee
What happens if I lost my Philippine passport?
Losing your passport may impose a risk on your identity. The first thing you need to do is to report it to the authorities and get a report. Then, you can apply for a new one with the following documents:
- Police report or case certificate
- Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate if applicable
- A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
- Annulment/divorce, if applicable.
What are the documents needed when a minor wants to obtain a passport?
Minors can have their own Philippine passports even if they are in Prague. The following are the documents required when applying for a passport.
- Birth certificate
- Report of birth form
- Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
- Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
- Letter of consent with the signature of both parents
Tips When Visiting the Embassy
When visiting the embassy, here’s what you need to consider:
1. Respect the government personnel.
When talking to the government personnel in the embassy, you should always respect them in the best way possible. Remember that almost all of them are OFWs like you who left the Philippines to work in Prague and serve you.
2. Bring all your documents.
Before you leave your home, make sure that you have all the documents required. The night before your appointment in the embassy, check if all the papers are in your bag already.
3. Be punctual.
Usually, the embassy requests clients to book an appointment, especially if it’s related to visa or passport. Always come on time if you have a schedule in the embassy.
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Embassy of the Philippines in Prague, Czech Republic
Contact Person: H.E. Ombra T. Jainal – Ambassador
Address: Senovazne Namesti 8, Prague 1, 110 00, Czech Republic
Telephone Number (+420) 224-216397; 224-216400; 224-216385
Fax Number: (+420) 224-216390
Duty Officer No.: (+420) 607-850-764
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PHinCzechRepublic/
Google Map Location
In case you are wondering where the Philippine Embassy in Prague is located, below is a map guide for you: