UPDATE: For new BPI card EMV accounts, the BPI Account Number can only be found when you contact the call BPI call center, go online to your BPI account or visit a BPI branch and ask for the Account Number directly from the counter after you present your bank details.
For most of us who try to achieve a work-life balance, it could sometimes be difficult to keep tabs on every little detail concerning our personal lives – this includes our bank account numbers, passwords, (even birthdays of family members) and such. Thus, it’s quite understandable to sometimes forget which is which, but not knowing can be quite problematic.
In this post, we share some tips for BPI account holders on how to find their account number and then answer some FAQs which users may have regarding their accounts.
- Where to Check Your BPI Account Number
- BPI Card Account Number Sample
- How to Check BPI Account Number via ATM Card Machine
- How to Check BPI Account Number through Online Banking
- How to Check BPI Account Number for Passbook Account Holders
- How to Check BPI Account Number via Branch Visit
- Can I Check BPI Mastercard Debit Account Number on the ATM Card?
- What if I Forget my BPI Account Number?
- Video: How to Look for Account Number of BPI Debit Card
Where to Check Your BPI Account Number
[Disclaimer: This article is shared for the purpose of information-sharing only. Any queries or specific concerns about your BPI account transactions and details should be referred to a BPI representative or at a BPI branch near you.]
First off, a BPI Account number has 10 digits. However, the total number of digits may be more than 10 depending on the total number of BPI account holders out there. Therefore, if you are asked to provide a 13-digit BPI account number, simply add three zeros (000) at the beginning of your account number (i.e. 0001234567890).
For OLD BPI cards, you could find your (4) 10-digit BPI Account number via the back of the card. But now it’s been updated and the BPI account number is no longer on the card. You have to call BPI to request for it.
UPDATE: For the BPI EMV account, the BPI Account Number can only be found when you contact the call BPI call center, go online to your BPI account or visit a BPI branch and ask for the Account Number directly from the counter. So again the 3 options now to find your BPI account number are:
- Check via ATM Machine (after you enter your card and make a transaction)
- Check your BPI Account Online (if you set up online banking)
- Contact the BPI Call Center (and after verifying security information)
- Visit any BPI branch (you will need to present a valid ID)
Usually the more common account number for BPI members is just 10-digits.
BPI Card Account Number Sample
Below is an image of the new EMV debit card of BPI. If you still have the blue one, you may call your branch and request for your card to be replaced. You will have to visit your BPI branch in order for them to replace your old BPI card.
Here’s the front side of the BPI card:
Here, you will find the (1) account holder’s name, (2) the card number, and (3) the card validity date.
Below is an image of a BPI Debit Card’s back side. There is only an area where you an input your Signature. There is also a (4) security code.
How to Check BPI Account Number via ATM Card Machine
You may check your account number by making a transaction via ATM machine available. Once you make a transaction, the account number will be shown in the screen.
- Go to your Nearest BPI ATM Machine.
- Insert your BPI ATM card.
- Enter your PIN.
- Make a Balance Inquiry or Withdrawal. Take a photo of your Account Number displayed on the screen.
How to Check BPI Account Number through Online Banking
In case you are wondering how to check the BPI if you have online banking set up, you can easily pull up the account number by signing in to your account. This is only applicable if you are registered the online banking feature.
- Log in to BPI Online Banking with your username and password.
- Check the Account Number located below the “Savings Account” information.
Take note of this. And if you have enrolled your BPI account online thru BPI Express Online Banking (BPI-EOL), you can also find this information as shown in the image below:
How to Check BPI Account Number for Passbook Account Holders
For BPI passbook account holders, you can also find your account number printed on your booklet. You can easily check it via the printed passbook.
- Get your BPI Passbook.
- Check the account number on the first page of your Passbook (where your other details are included)
How to Check BPI Account Number via Branch Visit
You may also check the your account number by visiting your nearest BPI Branch. This is a bit more hassle given that you will wait on the queue, depending on the number of people waiting in line. This is also less convenient especially during these times when we are advised to stay at home and practice social distancing. But it is still possible to get your account number.
- Go to the nearest BPI Branch.
- Provide your ID to the Bank Teller for security purpose.
- The Bank Teller will give you your account number.
Can I Check BPI Mastercard Debit Account Number on the ATM Card?
Some of you may be wondering if the account number is in the card. The answer is NO. The number that is printed on the card itself is called a Card Number – usually about 16 digits. You may use these when you make online purchases and transactions. But this BPI Card Number on the card is NOT the account number.
Below is an image of the BPI Debit Card with Mastercard logo. This is the latest types of cards being issued to regular debit card members.
What if I Forget my BPI Account Number?
In the event that you forget your BPI account number or are in need of assistance to recover it, you can go to your BPI depository branch or any BPI branch near you. Alternatively, you may also contact BPI customer care hotline/s:
- Metro Manila: 89-100
- Domestic toll-free calls: 1-800-188-89100
- Mobile phone users: (02)89-10000
Video: How to Look for Account Number of BPI Debit Card
Here’s a quick video tutorial where you can check how you can locate your account number of your BPI debit card (or actually any card of the bank). Please be guided on the steps accordingly:
Keeping on top of everything can be quite difficult for anyone who has to attend to so many things. And while memory may fail us, there’s always help you can find – if you know where to look. (ALSO READ: Top Savings Accounts for OFWs)