Even as you work abroad, your family back home needs your help every now and then. In cases of emergency, you might have to send money immediately. This is not always easy since you have to wait until you get off work before rushing to the nearest bank or remittance center.
But what if the bank or remittance center is far and you can’t reach it on time? The Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) offers a solution for Pinoys working abroad. Through BPI Pamana Padala, you can send money to your loved ones in the Philippines — anytime, anywhere!
BPI Pamana Padala Account for OFWs
BPI Pamana Padala is specifically designed for Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). You can use it to send remittances directly to your family’s BPI account whenever, and wherever, you are! Once the money is sent, your family can withdraw it free of charge from any BPI ATM.
Through this product, OFWs can:
- Send remittances to BPI Pamana Padala account
- Transfer funds to their family’s BPI account (via BPI Online Banking)
- Transfer funds as many times as they want (no limit)
Free Personal Accident & Life Insurance
BPI Pamana Padala comes with free Remittance Income Continuation in case something happens to the account holder. Upon opening an account, you will get personal accident insurance coverage worth PHP 100,000 — valid for 90 days from the date you opened.
If you send money regularly, you will get life insurance, too! On your fourth remittance within a year, you get life insurance coverage based on the total amount of remittances (maximum of PHP 300,000). In other words, in case something happens to you, your family will continue to receive remittances within 12 months.
How to Open BPI Pamana Padala
Here is a step-by-step guide to opening an account.
1. Prepare the following requirements:
- One (1) valid ID with photo and signatue
- Proof that you are an OFW (e.g. job contract, working visa, OWWA ID, seaman’s book, etc.)
- Initial deposit of PHP 500 or USD 500
2. Go to the nearest BPI or BPI Family Savings Bank branch. Fill out the following forms:
- Standard Account Opening forms
- BPI Pamana Padala Enrollment form (indicate name of beneficiary/ies, e.g. spouse, children, parents, or siblings)
3. After opening an account, you will receive a proof of cover for the free 90-day personal accident insurance. Meanwhile, your life insurance coverage will take effect on your fourth remittance within a 12-month period.
4. After 3 banking days, your BPI Pamana Padala Debit Card will be available at the branch where you opened the account.
DISCLAIMER: The details presented above are for information-sharing purposes only. To learn more about BPI Pamana Padala, please visit the BPI official website. In the meantime, you can also check out how to open BDO Kabayan Savings or Metrobank OFW Savings accounts.