Filipinos who are living and working in the United Kingdom, you can head to the Philippine embassy to get your documents such as your passport, visa, birth certificates, death certificates, dual citizenship certificates, and more. The embassy in the country offers different services such as passport application and renewal, visa application and renewal, and issuance of different certificates. You will discover more services as you read the blog. The embassy also works with other agencies such as POLO and OWWA to protect more OFWs around the world. So, if you are working in the United Kingdom, you can definitely ask POLO to help you with matters related to your employment.
POLO is popular around the world as it doesn’t just work in one country. It has over 30 branches around the globe and most of them can be found in Asia, America, Europe, and the Middle East. Some offices have different locations than the embassy but some are integrated into the chancery. You will know if there’s a branch of POLO in the country where you are staying by visiting the official website of the embassy.
As someone who works abroad, it’s really important that you know where the embassy is located or its contact details. Some OFWs experience harsh treatment but it rarely happens. In case your limbs or life is in danger, you need to call someone to rescue you. If you don’t have relatives in the UK, the government serves as your backup.
To know more about the details about the Embassy of the Philippines in the UK, this blog includes all essential information that you can use, including the service it offers, frequently asked questions, tips for Filipinos who plan to visit the chancery, contact numbers, email, website, and a map location. You can use this as your guide before going to the embassy.
- History – Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom
- Services Offered
- Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
- Tips When Visiting the Embassy
- Opening Hours
- Contact Information
- Google Map Location
History – Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom
The Philippines and the UK have been connected for a while now. Since the visit of Sir Francis Drake to Mindanao, the two countries have been interacting to strengthen their relationships and help each other regarding the status of the economy, culture, political, and other aspects that can be agreed with. Some of the agreements signed by both countries are the Air Services Agreement, Joint Plan of Action, Extradition Treaty, Agreement to Promote and Protect Investments, and Recruitment Agreements. You will learn more about the treaties and agreements when you visit the official website of the embassy in the UK.
If you want to know the services offered by the embassy in the United Kingdom, here’s the list:
- Consular Outreach Program
- Adult New Applicant
- Adult Renewal Applicant
- Minor New/Renewal Applicant
- Travel Document
- Authenticating Documents Made Simpler by the Apostille
- Civil Registry
- Solemnization of Marriage
- Report of Marriage
- Report of Birth
- Report of Death and/or Consular Mortuary Certificate
- Dual Citizenship
- Waiver of Exclusion Ground
- Certificate of Not the Same Person
- Balikbayan Program
- Schedule of Consular Services and Fees
- Consular Service Fees and Turnaround Time
- List of Other Services
- Transport of Pets
- NBI Clearance
- Renewal of Philippine Driver’s License
- Securing a J1-Waiver
- PH Requirements for Medical Missions
- Departure Formalities
- Philippine Overseas Labor Office
- Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate
- OWWA Membership Program
- Employment Contract Verification and Authentication
- Implementation of POEA Rules on Direct Hiring
Frequently Asked Questions Regarding the Services
What are the documents I should bring during my passport renewal?
If you are going to renew your passport in the UK, the following requirements should be submitted.
- Original old or expired passport.
- Complete passport application form.
- Photocopy of your passport’s data page
- Photocopy of your permanent resident card, a record of landing, and work permit.
- Passport processing fee
What are the documents needed when a minor wants to obtain a passport?
Minors can also obtain their passports from the embassy. However, they can’t go to the chancery alone. They need to be with their parents when they apply for this service. The following documents are required to be submitted to the embassy.
- Birth certificate
- Report of birth form
- Letter from the doctor who delivered the child attesting to the birth.
- Medical record of the child from the hospital where the child was delivered, in case the doctor can’t be located anymore.
- Original and photocopies of the passports of the parents.
- Letter of consent with the signature of both parents
What happens if I lost my Philippine passport?
If you lost your Philippine passport, you can get a new one from the embassy. The following needs to be submitted to the embassy. Make sure that you have reported the incident to the authorities already to get a police report.
- Police report or case certificate
- Affidavit of Loss of Passport (this can be completed in the Philippine embassy but with a separate processing fee).
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate if applicable
- A legal document showing your name, date of birth, and place of birth.
- Photocopy of your lost or destroyed passport, if applicable.
- Death certificate of spouse, if applicable.
- Annulment/divorce, if applicable.
Is dual citizenship allowed?
The Philippines allows dual citizenship but you have to get a certification from the embassy so it can allow you to have two citizenship.
Tips When Visiting the Embassy
When visiting the embassy in the UK here’s what you need to do:
Visit the official website of the Philippine Embassy in the UK.
You should visit the official website of the Philippine Embassy in the UK first so that you could read the latest announcements, news, and updates. This is where you can find if the embassy can provide what you are looking for.
Prepare all the documents before you go to the embassy.
The embassy requires different documents for you to successfully get the documents you need. You must prepare all documents required before you go to the embassy.
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Embassy of the Philippines in London, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Hon. (Mr.) Antonio M. Lagdameo – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary
Address: 6-11 Suffolk Street, London SW1Y 4HG
United Kingdom of Great Britain
Tel. No.: (+44) 20-7451-1780
Fax No.: (+44) 20-7930-9787
Emergency No.: (+44) 78-0279-0695
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/PHLinUK/
Google Map Location
In case you are wondering where the Philippine Embassy in the UK is located, below is a map guide for you: