An NBI Clearance is a document issued by the Philippine government. It is an important document for work abroad because it shows that you are not involved in any illegal activity and that you can be trusted. You may be required to have an NBI Clearance for work abroad, or if you want to do business with a foreign partner. Having an NBI Clearance will help open doors for you and make sure that your reputation stays intact in case anything goes wrong during your time away from home.
That being said, whether you are looking for work in the Philippines or planning to work abroad, an NBI clearance is a must-have document for you to get started on your endeavor/s. To know more about what you can do with an NBI clearance and how to secure one, make sure to read the rest of this guide.
- Applying for an NBI Clearance in Philippines for Work Abroad
- What is an NBI Clearance?
- What are the Uses of an NBI Clearance?
- 1. Applying for jobs abroad or locally
- 2. Applying for scholarship programs or grants from government agencies and private institutions
- 3. Purchasing firearms or ammunition
- 4. Applying for licenses such as those required to own a business or operate a vehicle
- 5. To open a bank account in any bank in the Philippines
- Benefits of Having an NBI Clearance for Work Abroad
- 1. The NBI Clearance is an essential document for Filipinos who wish to work abroad.
- 2. NBI Clearances are also required for travel purposes, adoption and passport application processing.
- 3. Having an NBI clearance for work abroad shows that you are a law-abiding citizen.
- 4. It is proof of your good moral character and part of your compliance documents for business, school, and other opportunities.
- 5. An NBI clearance for work abroad can be requested by anyone who needs to know if you have any criminal records in the Philippines or any other country.
- 6. Getting a clearance can be a simple process provided that you have the right information.
- Procedure: How to Secure NBI Clearance in Philippines for Overseas Jobs
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How long does it take to get an NBI Clearance?
- 2. How much does it cost?
- 3. How to check the status of an NBI clearance
- 4. How Can I Verify if My NBI Clearance Is Fake or Valid?
- 5. Is it required to print the NBI clearance application form online?
- 6. Where to find the NBI clearance reference number?
- 7. How to re-open my NBI clearance account?
- 8. How to change the last name in NBI clearance for married women?
Applying for an NBI Clearance in Philippines for Work Abroad
Applying for an NBI Clearance is a requirement for Filipinos who wish to work abroad. The process is relatively simple and can be done entirely online. First, create an account on the NBI clearance website.
Then, fill out the application form and pay the applicable fees. Once the application is complete, you will be given a confirmation number. Take this number to any NBI clearance center, where you will have your biometrics taken.
Finally, wait for your NBI clearance to be delivered to your doorstep. The whole process usually takes around two weeks. For Filipinos seeking employment abroad, obtaining an NBI clearance is a necessary first step.
What is an NBI Clearance?
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance is one of the requirements for individuals who want to work abroad. It is also known as a perfect record or a clean background check. This document shows that you have no criminal record, and it’s important for employers to see this when hiring someone.
NBI Clearance is a document released by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) that certifies that the applicant has no criminal record. It is used for various professional and personal purposes, such as applying for jobs abroad, renewing a US visa or permanent residency, securing an international scholarship and so on.
What are the Uses of an NBI Clearance?
You can use your NBI clearance for several things. It allows you to travel abroad, apply for jobs and get loans, or even open a business in the Philippines. Because it’s an important document that proves who you are and allows you to prove your identity when applying for certain things, you must always keep this up-to-date.
1. Applying for jobs abroad or locally
The NBI clearance can be used by public and private companies in determining if they want to hire an applicant. This means that the NBI clearance acts as an authorization from the government, which gives the employer confidence that an applicant has no criminal record.
Aside from employment purposes, an NBI clearance can also be used for personal purposes such as applying for visas and getting passports. In many countries like Australia or Canada, it is mandatory for all citizens to have an NBI clearance before being allowed entry into their country.
2. Applying for scholarship programs or grants from government agencies and private institutions
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance is a document that shows whether you have a criminal record. It is one of the requirements for applying for a government position, scholarship programs and grants from government agencies and private institutions.
NBI Clearance is also required in some cases when applying for immigration visas. This can be obtained by requesting a copy of your criminal record from the NBI headquarters in Manila or its regional offices nationwide.
The NBI Clearance is valid for two years from the date of issue and is free of charge for all Filipinos who are 18 years old and above.
3. Purchasing firearms or ammunition
Having a good NBI Clearance can be a big advantage to you. You can use it for many things. You may not know that the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is a law enforcement agency in the Philippines.
NBI Clearances are used for many purposes in the Philippines. The most common use is for employment purposes. If you want to work at a school or in any other government position, you will need an NBI Clearance. Another common use is when buying firearms or ammunition. To purchase either one of these items in the Philippines, you must have an NBI Clearance on file with them. There are some other uses but these are the most common ones that people come across every day.
4. Applying for licenses such as those required to own a business or operate a vehicle
If you’re applying for a license, one of the first things an employer or government agency will ask you to do is provide them with your National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance Certificate.
The NBI Clearance is a document that proves that you have no criminal record or pending cases before any court. You can use your NBI Clearance Certificate to apply for licenses such as those required to own a business or operate a vehicle. It’s also used by government agencies such as the Philippine National Police (PNP) and the Land Transportation Office (LTO).
5. To open a bank account in any bank in the Philippines
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance is a document that verifies the identity and background of a person. It is also used to assess if that person has any criminal record in the Philippines.
The NBI clearance process is done by the NBI Anti-Fraud Division. It involves submitting required documents and paying fees before you can get your NBI clearance.
To open a bank account in any bank in the Philippines, for example, you need to have an NBI Clearance issued by the NBI Anti-Fraud Division. This is because banks require all new customers to present their valid NBI Clearance before opening an account with them.
Benefits of Having an NBI Clearance for Work Abroad
It is a prerequisite for work in a number of nations, including the Philippines, that Filipinos possess an NBI clearance. In addition, many schools, banks, and government institutions as well as private businesses need it. In addition, before employing you or letting you join their school or organisation, some other institutions and private companies demand it as well.
1. The NBI Clearance is an essential document for Filipinos who wish to work abroad.
For Filipinos interested in finding a job outside of the country, the NBI Clearance is an absolutely necessary piece of documentation. This piece of paper is necessary in many countries, including the United States, in order to be eligible for employment or even to submit an application for a visa.
Clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) can also be referred to as the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Criminal Clearance Report. It comprises information and records on any criminal arrests and charges made against you in your personal life and/or professional career. The information and records can be found in one or both of these areas.
If you want to work outside of the country, getting an NBI Clearance is one of the documents that is going to be most vital to you. Both the employer and the applicant will have peace of mind thanks to this clearance, as it will reassure them that the applicant has not had any legal issues or problems in the applicant’s past that are related to their criminal history.
2. NBI Clearances are also required for travel purposes, adoption and passport application processing.
Clearances granted by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) are pieces of paper that detail an individual’s whole criminal history. Clearances from the NBI are necessary for a variety of reasons, including travel, adoption, and the processing of passport applications.
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is the government agency in the Philippines that is responsible for investigating crimes and offences committed against national security and public order. People who are seeking jobs in sensitive positions, such as those related to national security, are also subjected to a background check as part of this process.
The FBI maintains a database that contains over 40 million records on individuals who have been arrested or convicted of committing serious crimes such as kidnapping, robbery, rape, and murder. This database is accessible to approved agencies, such as those involved in law enforcement and government, as well as businesses that do background checks on their employees for employment purposes.
3. Having an NBI clearance for work abroad shows that you are a law-abiding citizen.
It has been suggested that it is preferable to have a clearance even if it is not required, rather than to require one but not have one. The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is the government agency in the Philippines that is responsible for conducting criminal records checks on individuals who have applied for jobs, licences, or any other purpose that requires a background check.
If you want to demonstrate that you are a citizen who abides by the law, you need get a clearance from the NBI. Additionally, it demonstrates that you can be relied upon and that you are trustworthy.
The clearance from the NBI is not required for all positions, but it is required by some employers such as government agencies, banks and other financial organisations, schools, hospitals and other health care facilities, and private firms.
4. It is proof of your good moral character and part of your compliance documents for business, school, and other opportunities.
Anyone who wants to know whether or not you have a criminal record in the Philippines or any other country can get a clearance from the National Background Investigations Bureau (NBI). It is a document that is issued by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) using their internet system. This document may be accessed here.
5. An NBI clearance for work abroad can be requested by anyone who needs to know if you have any criminal records in the Philippines or any other country.
Whoever needs to know if you have any criminal history in the Philippines or any other country can get a clearance from the NBI. This clearance can be requested by anyone. It is a document that may be obtained through the National Bureau of Investigation’s (NBI) internet system and was issued by the NBI.
6. Getting a clearance can be a simple process provided that you have the right information.
If you have all of the necessary information, obtaining a clearance can be a relatively straightforward process. You are going to be required to go through a clearance check if you have ever been arrested or convicted of a crime in the past. This is due to the fact that the majority of employment need applicants to provide evidence of their suitability to work with others and that they have not been convicted of a crime.
An NBI Clearance is required of anyone who wishes to travel internationally, apply for a job, or create a business in the United States. An individual must either be a citizen of the Philippines or a foreign national who possesses a valid Philippine visa in order to be eligible for an NBI Clearance.
The basic requirements for getting an NBI clearance for work abroad are the following:
- VALID IDs – Valid IDs are required to be presented in order to perform your NBI clearance requirements. Besides your name, you also need to provide other information such as your birthdate and address.
This list is the Valid IDs acceptable for NBI Clearance:
- UMID (SSS AND GSIS)
- VOTER’S ID or CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION
- PAG-IBIG ID (NOT THE LOYALTY CARD)
- POSTAL ID
- CERTIFICATE FROM THE LOCAL REGISTRAR
- CERTIFICATE FROM MALACAÑANG IN CONNECTION WITH INDIGENOUS GROUP, TRIBE MEMBERSHIP, FOUNDLING
- SOLO PARENT ID
- COMPANY ID
- POLICE CLEARANCE ISSUED BY POLICE STATION WHERE APPLICANT RESIDENT OF THE JURISDICTION
- SEAMAN’S BOOK AND SIRV
- SCHOOL ID TOGETHER WITH CURRENT REGISTRATION CARD
- SENIOR CITIZEN ID
- NBI ONLINE REGISTRATION and APPLICATION – In order to submit your application for NBI clearance, you will need to register online. You also have the option of completing the application online. On the NBI website, the procedure for the clearance clearance registration is already being carried out.
- APPLICATION FEE – The NBI charges a clearing fee of 170 Philippine Pesos. It is possible to pay for it using a variety of different methods, including online banking, bank over-the-counter, 7-11, ECPay, and multi-pay.
- PROPER ATTIRE – According to the NBI clearance standards, personnel are required to always wear appropriate dress when they are in the presence of government officials.
- For Women:
- Blouses or Sleeved Shirts
- Slacks or Pants
- Dresses but not shorter than above the Knees
- Skirts But not shorter than above the knees
- Shoes or sandals
- For Men:
- Polo Shirts
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE – In order to get your NBI clearance, it is highly necessary that you make a good impression. You will be required to take pictures of yourself and turn them in to the appropriate authorities before you may use any biometric features, such as your fingerprints or your photo.
Procedure: How to Secure NBI Clearance in Philippines for Overseas Jobs
If you have a guide, obtaining a clearance from the NBI is a simple process. The process of asking for a clearance for the very first time entails a variety of procedures, all of which you will be able to manage with the assistance of this guide.
Visit a local NBI office close to your place of residence and submit some basic documents such as your passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate if applicable, employment contract or letter of employment from an international company (if available), and any other pertinent papers such as transcripts from school or training certificates which indicate that you are qualified for the job. The NBI will then process your application and send you a passport within a few weeks.
Step 1: Go to the NBI Clearance Official Website
To obtain a clearance from the NBI, go to the official website, which may be found at https://www.nbi-clearance.com. Simply clicking on the link will get you started. You can also look at the application procedure and registration information if you want to.
Step 2: Register an account
To create a new account, go to the right side of the page and click the box that says “NO.” After that, go to complete the steps required to set up your new account by entering all of the required information.
Following successful completion of the sign-up procedure, a window will present itself to provide you with access to your One-time Password. This is a one-time password that is completely unique to you and can be sent to or received on your mobile phone or email.
Step 3: Fill in the necessary information in the application form.
In order to gain access to the NBI portal after you have registered, you will be required to generate a password and an email address.
In order to finish the registration procedure, you will need to submit the information from your application.
After you have finished filling out the application, you can review the information by clicking the “SAVE” option. After going through the details and making sure there aren’t any errors, you will have the option to either click the “EDIT” button or the “APPLY FOR CLEARANCE” button. If there was no error, you will need to use the “EDIT” button.
Step 4: Submit your Valid IDs
It will ask you which kind of identification you wish to present before allowing you to verify your identity at the NBI Branch. You are able to display the ID that you have at your disposal by clicking the “I Agree” button.
Step 5: Appointment
When scheduling an appointment, it is critical to select the time slot that is currently available as well as the location that is most convenient for you. Additionally, specify the method of payment.
After you have made the payment for your NBI clearance, you will need to make sure that you bring the receipt with you to the Branch in order to get your paperwork. The use of it to verify your identify and display your legal identification documents is still required.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does it take to get an NBI Clearance?
Clearance from the NBI takes between three and five days on average, however, the exact amount of time required can change based on the circumstances of each individual instance. For individuals in the Philippines who are required to provide evidence of their identity and/or criminal history, the NBI clearance is an essential piece of documentation.
2. How much does it cost?
The fees for clearing your record with the NBI are now P170. This covers any and all fees and other costs that are linked with the organization’s provision of the aforementioned service.
3. How to check the status of an NBI clearance
You will need to sign in to your account on the NBI website so that you may check on the current standing of your NBI clearance. After you have successfully logged in, navigate to the “My Clearances” section of the site to view the current standing of your security clearance. If your clearance has not yet been granted, you will get a notification that tells you when it is anticipated that the process will be finished.
4. How Can I Verify if My NBI Clearance Is Fake or Valid?
An NBI clearance is typically one of the documentation that new employees must present to their employer in order to be hired. This serves as proof that the individual they would be hiring is trustworthy and reliable. In the recruiting process, in addition to determining whether or not the applicant has a criminal history, employers also take into account the other aspects that are important to them in making hiring decisions.
In the past, there was a widespread problem with fake NBI clearance paperwork. Keeping these information in mind makes it exceedingly unlikely that a candidate will be able to conceal their identity by fabricating documents. In addition to being against the law, forgery is also a crime committed against the interest of the general public.
Employers may have a difficult time determining whether or not the security clearance held by an employee from the Federal Bureau of Investigation is genuine. The agency has introduced a user-friendly interface that gives users the ability to verify the current status of their clearance in order to assist them in avoiding this situation.
- Go to the NBI Clearance Official Website. Online NBI Clearance Verification can be found on the homepage.
- Check the NBI Clearance form that was submitted. A barcode can be found in the lower-left corner. The NBI Identification Number is as follows.
- You can either type the NBI ID Number or scan the QR Code with a camera. After verifying the serial number, click the verify button.
- A pop-up window would display the NBI Clearance holder’s name and photograph, as well as a comment on whether the clearance is authentic.
5. Is it required to print the NBI clearance application form online?
It is strongly recommended that you do not print the application form if you intend to submit an application for a clearance from the NBI. Should you choose to do so, you will find that you have the same motivations as we do. In spite of the fact that printing the form is not specifically mentioned anywhere on the website, it is strongly recommended that you avoid doing so nevertheless.
6. Where to find the NBI clearance reference number?
You will be able to locate your reference number in the NBI Clearance online system after you have successfully logged in. If you select the “LOGIN” button, you will also have the option of viewing the specifics of the transaction that you have just finished.
7. How to re-open my NBI clearance account?
You will need to ensure that you have all of the required information before you can re-enter your NBI clearance information into your online account. By clicking here, you will be taken to a page where you can change your password if you have forgotten it.
Email address – Your registered email address is necessary to reactivate your NBI Clearance account. If you forget your password, you must create a new email address and register for a new account. It is not a big thing if you register again with a different email address.
Password – There is no need to be concerned if you have forgotten the password to your NBI Clearance account. It is possible to recover your password.
- After clicking the link labelled “Forgot Password,” a new window will open. In this box, enter your email address.
- When NBI Clearance emails your password, make sure to copy and paste it into the appropriate field.
8. How to change the last name in NBI clearance for married women?
If you are a married woman who would want to change her last name in her NBI clearance, you must first submit an application for new registration and/or a new application using the last name of your spouse.
This is required in order to alter your last name. If you follow these steps, changing your name legally while keeping the one you’ve always used is possible. In addition to the documentation supporting your request, you will also need to modify your last name.
For Filipinos who want to work abroad, one of the requirements is to have an NBI clearance. Applying for an NBI clearance is simple enough, but there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. First, make sure to bring all the necessary documents, including your passport and two valid ID’s. Second, fill out the application form completely and accurately. Once you have everything in order, you can proceed to the NBI office to have your fingerprints taken and submit your application. After that, all you need to do is wait for your clearance to be processed. Once you have your NBI clearance, you will be one step closer to realizing your dream of working abroad.
You will be much closer to making an informed decision after giving thorough consideration to the various possibilities available to you and taking into account the particulars of your situation. At least five procedures need to be wrapped up before one may be granted permission to travel outside the country. A clearance from the NBI could be the determining factor in securing employment in a foreign country.
READ NEXT: Do you Need a College Degree to Work Abroad?